TripAdvisor

Review of Cocoon Nurnberg

Cocoon Nurnberg
Ranked #3 of 1,330 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived Nürnberg around 2:00pm then took a lunch at opposite restaurant of my stayed hotel. The steak cooked really rare & cant eat . The steak quality also not good. I ordered kimchi fried noodle but the cook forgot to put kimchi. Overall the food is so so but the price a bit expensive. May

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Cocoon appealed to us as an alternative to the Bavarian cuisine we had been eating for the last few days. The food we chose, Shaking Beef, was very tasty and the vegetables which were part of the dish were perfectly cooked and very colourful. Accompanied by a glass of Merlot it was a thoroughly enjoyable meal. Service was fine although the table next to us seemed to be having a few problems.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We arrived at 8 pm, ordered starters, drinks and mains.

We managed 2 rounds of drinks prior to the mains arriving, before our starters.
After waiting until 9 pm for the starters to arrive we then were rushed on to our mains, I assume to ensure they were still warm, rather than the kitchen needing to remake them.

The food was of a good quality, but the speed of service was very disappointing.

The restaurant was only half full at the time and I would expect the kitchen to have been able to keep up with the number of covers.

1  Thank JayColossus
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

I came here for my 7 year old daughter’s birthday with my wife and 9 year old daughter. We were envious of the sushi that came for other tables, which certainly had a wow! factor. Our food was more family friendly but still delicious. Mango salad was crisp and crunchy with a fresh tasting dressing. Edamame beans were a favourite of my daughter, as usual. Salmon and avocado maki had generous fillings. Tofu ramen was enjoyed by my 9 year old and was a good broth. My seafood udon noodles had a great sauce which everyone enjoyed, but the range of seafood was limited to mostly cubes of fish. My wife’s house curry with tofu was delicious with a well judged amount of heat although there was not much rice to go with the generous amount of curry. The verdict: double thumbs up from all the family!

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

One of the best sushi I‘ve ever eaten in my life! Highly recommend! Nice service and atmosphere. See u soon