“Professional”

acomhotel nurnberg
Ranked #38 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 14, 2012

For a professional, business, traveler this could be a great place to stay, assuming his/her business events were located in this part of the city. The hotel is clear and professional. Staff were friendly and helpful. And the room rates seemed reasonable.

For my wife and me as vacation travelers, this was not a good location for us. Not speaking the language added to our difficulty in finding the hotel. We enjoyed riding through the city on a public bus. But we missed our stop and had to walk back a distance.

Still, it was an enjoyable place to stay and a good introduction to our traveling around the region.

Room Tip: Skip the extra charge on breakfast. There are plenty of eateries in the nearby neighborhood.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pros:
I liked that you needed your key card to go to a floor on the elevator or stairwell. That is a nice security feature. I was in 217, and I could only use the elevator to go to Floor 2 and the Lobby. All hotels should do this.
The hotel is at the entrance to the subway (VAG), making it super easy to get to and from the Airport and downtown.

Cons:
Staff spoke English well, but I was surprised that they did not know the location of the nearest ATM (which was across the street).
Internet. There is no wireless internet in the room, and the wired internet cost €12 a day. There was free wireless in the lobby and bar, but there was a lot of background noise and no privacy. Maybe this is the norm in Europe, but I was shocked at the lack of free internet.
It is a clear glass shower with no walls. This is find for single occupancy or a married couple, but for unrelated people this is awkward.
The toilet it is in it's own room. I just didn't like this.
Parking was €7,50 a day. Again maybe the norm, but seemed expensive.
Breakfast. It was good, but I stayed there for 14 days and there was no variation from day to day. After a week, I was getting tired of the same thing. We rented 5 rooms. 3 of my colleagues were told that they did not get breakfast and 2 of were told it was complimentary. I ate there 14 times and only 5 times did they even ask my room number. When I checked out I was charged for 2 breakfasts. When I argued that they were included, I could see they were going to up the count of from 2 to 14, so I dropped it. Not sure what the policy there was.
Tour groups: About 1/2 of the days I was there, there were huge busses of Chinese tour groups. So, some mornings the breakfast area was empty with maybe only 6 tables in use, other times it was hard to find a seat. The tours would arrive late at night, and so there was a lot of commotion of people getting into their rooms. I think that it was only an overnight stay, so they would check in late at night, and check out in the morning with breakfast. So, for the periods where there were 150 or so people all arriving or leaving at the same time, it was chaos.
They provided complementary shampoo and lotion, but no soap.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for one night. Only 59€. Didn't have breakfast there so I can't say anything about it. The location necessitates a car or an underground ticket to get downtown. Looks pretty new. Polite staff. Clean rooms but not too big. No separate bathroom but integrated in the room. Toilets are separate. Good for a business stay - for just sleeping

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sebastiankaiser
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had never heard of this brand, but it was such a bargain at 63 € with breakfast that I decided to give it a try. And I wasn't disappointed: lovely room, with AC and a decor you would expect in a much more upscale property. Good bedding, very good breakfast in a very impressive dining room. Free internet (and, if you don't mind walking 100 m, free parking up the road). The staff, especially at breakfast, are most pleasant. There's not much to see around the hotel, but the underground is virtually next door, and takes you to the city in just 10 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JFCJRL
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here on business and as an American, the size of the room was small for my taste. But as I was in Europe, I suppose it was to be expected. The staff speaks English very well and the breakfast was excellent! Biggest complaints were: the shower being pretty much next to the bed. And 2. Internet costing roughly $15 per night. Although wifi in the lobby is free! Location is great, though. Close to shopping mall and next to subway, which is very clean and safe to ride. Overall, will be staying there again!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a nice hotel. Ok, a bit 'businessy' but immaculate, lovely choice of breakfast and perfectly adequate dinner. Great location and easy to find. We stopped on the way to Saltzburg and it made a great stop off. 5 minutes from the rally grounds as well for the military history nerds! (like me)

Room Tip: We had a triple which was very large.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel isn't right in the city centre, but is 7 minutes by Metro lines U2 and U21. It's very modern, clean, comfortable and well priced. The staff were friendly and helpful, both on reception and in the bar. The beds were comfortable, and you got free Internet access in the foyer.

One gripe- the glass bathroom door doesn't cover the entire opening (oo-er missus) and is rather transparent. This isn't a particularly good idea!

One tip- if you walk up the main road in the direction of the city, there's a large shopping centre 2 minutes away on your left. It has a number of decent shops and a first floor food court. Oh, and a Woolworths full of assorted crap which reminded us why the UK version went bust!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family