Tripadvisor

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Sebald
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is an excellent restaurant. The sausages are amazing! And all but one server was so understanding of my limited German - btw you do not need to speak German to go there, but I wanted to try my best in the situation. Just wanted to get the message back to that woman server, I never meant to upset you - but you went out of your way to not tell me but show me I did upset you. A pity, as I loved the restaurant but now cannot think of anything but the way you treated me.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,606)

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

A must while in Nuremberg. Service and food was excellent. The sausages are amazing and we loved the sauerkraut.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

The waitress was unbelievably rude and unprofessional. I can understand getting a little impatient with someone who doesn't speak the language, but there comes point where being impatient turns into just being mean and hurtful. That point happened to be when the waitress happened to trash talk me to other costumers sitting beside me, and to the other waitresses. This wasn't even just rude, it was hurtful. Other than the abysmal staff, the food was alright, and the beer was overpriced. The service was fast through, so that's a plus I guess.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Although always packed with locals and tourists it is a place to visit and eat a "heartry" meal. Very traditional. The small sausages bought in multiples od 3 6 9 12 etc. are great - that and a Tucher beer!!!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

The food and beer are overrated - have eaten better and cheaper around, its just fine! However the (bad) highlight was the poor service/hospitality, specially from the woman waiting us. She was rude, wouldn't stop banging things on the table, shaked the head in disapproval when we ordered a 6 sausage to share, extremely unprofessional, which is a shame, because it hindered our experience there - we stayed not even 30 min. Extremity Disappointed!