“Good Frankisches eating”

Ranked #16 of 1,196 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just around our hotel, this restaurant has a very good name with a menu of many excellent choices. Not too expensive but well-worth. Reservation recommended.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff over the Drei Raben pointed me to Bohm's Herrenkeller for a typical Franconian dinner. The place is small and off the main street on a little side street, but very easy to find.
It's small (only two rooms), but decorated in a typical German fashion. It was a Wednesday night in winter and the place was full - very popular. I was lucky as I got the last table. I watched the door while I ate and I did several disappointed diners be sent away. So even on off times of the year I would have your hotel and save you a spot!
The waiters all wear lederhosen and the place has a festive beer hall style atmosphere. Beer is served in mugs and there is a lot of fun activity here.
I was told at my hotel to order the Schaufale mit Kloss (pork shoulder with dumpling). Boy was that the highlight of my trip. It's a huge pork shoulder with a wonderful crispy crust on the outside and drippy layer of pork fat in the middle. It may sound disgusting, but this is one taste treat you don't want to miss on your trip to Nuremberg - don't mind what your doctor says! It's served with a delicious potato dumpling.
I had one of my best meals on my trip here. The service was fun and lively and the Schaufale was amazing. I was happy my hotel pointed me to this Nuremberg favorite!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant on Theatergasse is in Altstadt and close to Bahnhof. The ambiance is very relaxing, the service is fast and the prices are reasonable; and above all the food (I had a Schaufele) was wonderful

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Delicious meat and sauces, welcoming waiters, great typical German atmosphere. Booking is smart as they are pretty full all day. They serve warm food non stop.
For me a highlight in Nürnberg! We were there in December while visiting Nürnberg's famous Christmas market.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great staff. Great location. Great atmosphere. But the food? Out of this world! We went the first night on the recommendation of our hotel's vice director, who told us the restaurant served regional Franconian cuisine. I had venison ragout, my partner had the Nurnberger sauerbraten. For desert, he had chocolate-filled dumplings, which were good. But I had fried figs on beds of port wine cream, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I don't think I have ever eaten something which sounded so odd but which tasted so very, very good!

Our meal was so good that we went back the next night. We both had the Schweineschäufele (pork shoulder with the crust or crackling) and it was divine. Take the menu's beer or wine recommendations that are paired with the foods...reasonable prices and more than worth the visit!

Don't miss this restaurant if you go to Nuremberg!

1  Thank Harikleia1969