“Great regional cooking in a traditional house”

Bohm's Herrenkeller
Ranked #20 of 1,133 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Hamburg, Germany
“Great regional cooking in a traditional house”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Delicious meat and sauces, welcoming waiters, great typical German atmosphere. Booking is smart as they are pretty full all day. They serve warm food non stop.
For me a highlight in Nürnberg! We were there in December while visiting Nürnberg's famous Christmas market.

• Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
El Gorah
“Fabulous atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great staff. Great location. Great atmosphere. But the food? Out of this world! We went the first night on the recommendation of our hotel's vice director, who told us the restaurant served regional Franconian cuisine. I had venison ragout, my partner had the Nurnberger sauerbraten. For desert, he had chocolate-filled dumplings, which were good. But I had fried figs on beds of port wine cream, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I don't think I have ever eaten something which sounded so odd but which tasted so very, very good!

Our meal was so good that we went back the next night. We both had the Schweineschäufele (pork shoulder with the crust or crackling) and it was divine. Take the menu's beer or wine recommendations that are paired with the foods...reasonable prices and more than worth the visit!

Don't miss this restaurant if you go to Nuremberg!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Harikleia1969
North Yorkshire
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After reading the reports on Trip Advisor I was expecting an authentic Bavarian restaurant with local dishes, a good atmosphere and with most of the customers local rather than tourists. That's what I got.
The wine-makers soup was superb, the shoulder of pork could not have been better and the 200ml carafes of local wine allowed us to try several local wines at very affordable prices. At the end of the meal I had a local speciality liquer called Wurzelhuttengei which starts life at 50% alcohol and arrives at the table in a small bowl and on fire. When the fire died out - several minutes - the remains had a slightly burnt herby flavour. At only 2,60 euros it's worth it for the experience.
We had booked as it was Saturday night - a good move as many were turned away.

• Visited September 2012
“Absolutely OUTSTANDING! A "must" when visiting Nuremberg!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Visited Nuremberg for 1 night, and stumbled upon this restaurant. We were looking for the real German/Bavarian experience, with fantastic food and drink, great service, and found it here.

The restaurant is wood panelled. We sat in a small booth. There didn't appear to be any overseas tourists in this busy but comfortable restaurant, but we were made extremely welcome. The waiter spoke perfect English and made great recommendations. We asked for some bread, and were given local brown bread with a spread that they make onsite made with pork fat.

The local dark beer served in a clay pot was lovely, my wife loved the Rose wine, and the food was awesome. I had the pork shoulder with crackling, served with a potato dumpling. It was simply the best crackling that I have ever had, and gorgeous pork. Great portions, fantastic flavour, really helpful and friendly service, all served up in a very authentic atmosphere (not touristy at all), but at a really reasonable cost. Meal for 2, plus drinks all for 37 Euro's.

This restaurant is an absolute standout for authentic local Bavarian food, drink, service, atmosphere and hospitality. If you are in Nuremberg, its a "must do" experience.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Stevo2095
Nottinghamshire, England
“Nice cosy atmosphere great food and beer what more could you want?”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I generally come to Nuremberg every year to attend an exhibition and have eaten here on several occasions . My colleagues took my recommendation to have the flaming stew in a loaf starter and were not disappointed. The staff always seem to find somewhere to fit you in and it gets very cosy !We will probably be back next year!

• Visited May 2012