“One of the best Italian places in the area”
Review of Minneci

Minneci
Ranked #49 of 1,169 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The restaurant has a nice ambience. Food is freshly prepared. Once you would like to experience good Italian food in the greater Nuremberg area, then this is the right choice. A good alternative is the brother's Restaurant La Palma in Fuerth.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I was just looking for a place to eat a carpaccio when i walked past Minecci. The waiter was very welcoming so I decided to go there. In the end I had the swordfish which was totally delicious. The waiter was very helpfu and agreable, I just wish he'd talked to me a bit more as I was by myself and a bit bored, but I guess I should have started the conversation. The older waiter was very nice too and started talking to me in german which i dont understand but the intention was there... Would definitely go there again, with a date as the setting is very romantic. In the end I spent about 50EUR for a main course and desert, wine and coffee, but hey, nice things have a price...

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Visited Minneci on Jan 13, 2012 with my wife. Exterior and the interior of the restaurant told us right away that it is a classy place. When we got the menue it turned out to be not so extensive BUT there was a degustation 3-5 course menue and the waiter made some reccomendations that were not in the menue. We chose to take one recommended dish and 4-course degustation menue...and EVERYTHING was just fabulous! My compliments to the Chef!!! Nice and friendly service. They did not have Italian beer but with the choice of great German beers they had this was not an issue at all. Their house wine was also vvery nice. Definitely recoomend the place for both business meetings and family dinners.

1  Thank bdv30
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was in town for a yearly trade show and happened upon this place while wandering the back streets. I checked my iphone for the reviews and thought it sounded worth a go. The next evening my boss's wife said she fancied Italian cuisine so I suggested this place.

It was very busy, there was a bit of a wait for food and service but I could see the food was made fresh to order. I have to say it was well worth waiting for.

The waiters were mature, friendly and helpful which was a bonus. All the food was delicious from the little taster dish down to the very last spoonful of dessert.

I ate there for one more night with my boss and his wife and then the next night with my fiancee who'd flown over to join me for the weekend.

I could not fault this in any shape or form, the prices charged easily justify the service, presentation, food and overall experience.

Our hotel is booked for the same event in November 2012 and we know exactly where we'll be eating.

Can't believe this isn't in the top 10, we ate at one of the ones in the top 10 which was good but not a patch on this.

2  Thank Malc67
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stumbled on this restaurant when going to another one next door - that happened to be closed. Before writing this reveiw I read the earlier ones. While I can imagine a better Italian restaurant, one that LOOKS more Italian, I was VERY happy with the mixture of Nuernberg and Italy. The price/quality ratio is just right. I heard a good bit of Italian being spoken at other tables. When it came to open wines, I proposed the more expensive one and the owner said, try the [cheaper] house wine, you'll like it. And I did. Besides good food, I got excellent, personal service by the whole wait staff. I eat alone, but was not treated as a second class guest. So I would certainly recommend this restaurant to any serious eater. Only families with children should think twice.

1  Thank RobLaw47