“What a little gem”
Review of Padelle d'Italia

Padelle d'Italia
Ranked #5 of 1,179 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Description: Important note: From the 08th until the 16th of June 2017, we have closed because of structural alteration works!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Unless you know where this restaurant is, you could easily miss out - and even if you are given directions, it is easy to walk right by it because it is set down an alleyway off Theatergasse with only the entranceway as frontage. I was recommended this by my hotel just round the corner and when I first tried, there was no space at all and the place was really buzzing. A couple of days later, I popped there earlier in the evening and secured a table for one.

Don't be put off by the rather plain decor, the food and the service are top notch and the attention to detail of the service and the presentation cannot be faulted. The menu is varied with something to suit most tastes and the portions are plentiful. The wine list looked more than adequate, but on this occasion, I plumped for the house Pinot Grigot by the glass and was not disappointed.

I could complain about the lack of choices for the desert menu, but this would be nit-picking as I hardly had room after the 1st two courses. If in Nuremberg again, this place will definetoly be on my to-do list

2  Thank Christopher E
padelle1974, Inhaber at Padelle d'Italia, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear user, dear customers and admirers of the Italian Cuisine,
We would sincerely like to express our appreciation for the trust and loyalty of our customers and all the kind comments here on Tripadvisor.
Your feedback is important since it helps us to continually improve our service and menu. Additionally, detailed feedback enables us to incorporate some of your wishes and suggestions.
We’re looking forward to greeting you again and amaze you with our delicious menus. For now we wish everybody a happy Christmas and a successful and healthy New Year.

With best regards

Antonio Lo Po & Donato Albano

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had an excellent dinner here on September 14, 2012. Made an afternoon reservation, were seated promptly on evening arrival, and politely allowed to speak my dubious Italian. Excellent and generous spritzes, salad and pizza. Good buzz from an eclectic, multi-aged clientele; witty waiters, post prandial grappa on the house, and a very reasonable bill.
Dick Bowen

3  Thank Dick B
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great italian food. It was run by Italians they were very nice and friendly. Food was very good and prices were reasonable. I would have enjoyed going back during my stay.

1  Thank JS515
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Not being a fan of Baverian cuisine, we chose this fine Italian restaurant. Impressive wine list; great specials. I wished we lived closer and we could go every weekend. Thanks for the lemoncello.

1  Thank Shibe_123
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've found the restaurant here on trip advisor and i went for it! It's a nice italian restaurant in the center of the city with a lot of personality and a lot of friendliness! I've eat some fish and my parents went for the salad. Everything was delicious and fresh. The waiters were kind and very positive! I like this restaurant and I really recommend it!