“A Little Confusing at First, but Well Worth it!”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Ranked #131 of 1,148 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Nuremberg, Germany
“A Little Confusing at First, but Well Worth it!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When you first walk in, it is a little odd, you get a card to swipe at the different stations to order your food. You can then pick from a dazzling array of dining options, I am serious, hundreds of combinations are possible. For example, you go to the pasta line and pick what noodle you want and want you want in it. They toss it all together right before your eyes! You can actually see what they are doing and say "more red pepper, more sauce" or whatever. Another thing I LOVE - fresh basil plants on every table, just pick it at the table, I love basil and this is the only place I have seen where you can pick the basil yourself, loved it. The place is usually kind of crazy busy, negotiating past the hoards up the stairs carrying a tray of steaming food, balancing a big bottle of water is challenging if: drunk, old, in high heels, or exhausted. Keep that in mind and pick a table down stairs if necessary.

• Visited September 2012

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Watertown, Wisconsin
“We need these in the U.S.!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stopped in after not being able to decide what we (wife, friend and I) wanted. They have three sections to chose from; the noodle line, the pizza line and the salad line (I think). You get a little credit card when you enter and after you order, you give the card to the cook and he swipes the price on it for you. Then you go eat and when you're done, you take the card to the payment counter and they swipe it and that's when you pay.
We all chose the noodle line where they run noodles through a boiling contraption and you can chose from a list of toppings and sauces. My wife got the bolognese, I got the creamy mushroom, and I forgot what my friend ordered. All were excellent, fast food! You'd think that the payment system was designed to minimize dine and dash's, but it's pretty much on the honor system. We ate outside, and after we ate, we could've just got up and walked away and nobody would've known.

On a side note: while we were eating, a celebrity of some sort, (middle aged woman) walked past and everyone around us all pointed and remarked in German about her and quite a few people went up to her and shook her hand. We didn't recognize her.

• Visited June 2012
Nurnberg,Germany
“有創意的義大利餐廳. 手工麵條好吃極了~Love the pasta noodles!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice creative way of ordering. Hand-made noodles is awesome. Caesar salad tastes great as well.
The restaurant is clean and with relaxed and brightness environment. I really like the feeling of eating there.3-4 times a month at least. The only thing that can be better is the service attitude of the cooks and waiters. If they would have more smile will be greater.
Recommend to try: YES!!

• Visited September 2012
Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastically fresh food - once you're done with queueing”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I loved this restaurant, from its location, to the concept of the freshly made to order food and finishing - very important with the quality of ingredients and generous portions. Even the French Cabernet Sauvignon I had with my dinner was exceptionally good - full bodied and tasty.

You have choices: pasta, salads, pizza and your tipycal italian classic starters. Whatever you order is made in front of you, fresh, tasty, abundant. The kaleidoscope of colours and and smells is bound to make you hungry. All in all superb Italian food in the heart of Nuremberg at HauptPlatz.

You've got to be patient though and have someone to help you carrr your trays around and to the table as you have to queue and wait for your every meal. before queueing at the cash till and then carrying everything on trays to your table. But if you're game, it's totally worth it. if the weather permits, sit outside.

• Visited August 2012
Morristown, New Jersey
“great place for lunch, great pizza and pasta”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

English speaking staff and menu, great pizza and fresh pasta and salads. location is the best and right in the center of the action. We liked it so much we ate 2 lunches there.

Visited August 2012