“Fantastic experience!”

Ranked #56 of 1,159 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Description: Herzlich willkommen!im Mount Lavina Restaurant. Mount Lavinia ist das erste ceylonesische Restaurant in Deutschland seit 1987.Die ceylonesische Küche besteht grds .aus Geheimnissen der Curry mit Fisch, Meeresfrüchten, Gflügel oderanderen Curries aus verschiedenen Gemüsen. Erleben Sie die Vielfalt des Geschmackes durch Gewürze, Kräuter und authoentischen Zubereitunsmethoden der Küche Sri Lankas ( Früher Ceylon).
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I come from Italy and I went to Mount Lavinia restaurant with my familiy. It was my first time having dinner in an oriental restaurant, and I really appreciated everything this restaurant offered to me. Starting from the very good service (I really loved how to dishes were served by the cooks), the decoration of the plates and the really good food (you need to like this kind of spicy cuisine). One of the things I enjoyed the most was the fantastic atmosphere. I would really recommend this restaurant to everyone willing to try a very different kind of food we use to eat!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This serves Sri Lankan and also Thai cuisine. We had Sri Lankan food, it was excellent. One of our very best meals in Germany. In the Old town, very near the castle, lovely ambience. A must if you love oriental food. We had the okra salad, which was very fresh. The chicken curry, Sri lankan style, in coconut was great. The dessert of sticky rice with a dash of raw sugar, served with mango was yum! As for value-- a little expensive.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I decided to have dinner here because of the glowing reviews it has received. After the meal, we both cannot fathom why people raving about it. There is nothing worth remembering about this restaurant. It is not bad, but it is mediocre. You won't go telling your friends to try this restaurant. If you do, expect your friends to give you a lecture on good food.

We ordered the samosas, home made fish cutlets, the dry black lamb, and the chicken prawn curry. The samosas were so thin and quite oily, while the cutlets were just ok. The dry black lamb, which was advertised in the menu as without sauce, came with a sauce, but it wasn't bad. The chicken prawn curry, on the other hand, was laughable. It had small pieces of sliced shrimps (not prawns) and it was just so ordinary.

I do not recommend this restaurant. If you compare it to most restaurants in Nuremberg, it is expensive. The food is just forgettable. Certainly a waste of money.

1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed April 12, 2013

After almost 20 years I was at Mount Lavinia and the food is as wonderful as it was before. The set up has changed in a nice way and they still offering Ayuveda dishes. Thank you for being the same!

1  Thank Netti S
Reviewed April 4, 2013

High quality food with surprising flavor, nice place and nice people! Mount Lavinia feels like a short vacation in far and magic destination. Again!