“Lovely food in a quiet atmosphere”
Review of Mount Lavinia

Mount Lavinia
Ranked #58 of 1,133 Restaurants in Nuremberg
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt - St. Lorenz
Description: CEYLON. AYURVEDA.THAI. INDO-Sri Lanka 7 days open
Brussels, Belgium
“Lovely food in a quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is again one of my habitual hauts when I travel to Nuremberg on business travel. I have been here multiple times over the last years and have never been dissapointed. The food served is ceylonese, thai or vegetarian and spiced on a range from 1 to 6 to your liking. Defintely a place that I would recommend if you like spicy food and want a variation on the traditional Thai places.

• Visited January 2013

London
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went to Mount Lavinia based on a friend's recommendation. I felt a bit apprehensive as he said this restaurant's speciality were its vegetarian dishes and we'd never been into vegetarianism. However, I'm glad I tried the 5-course vegetarian meal, it was wonderful and refreshingly different from the omnipresent bratwurst and the standard Asian restaurants menus. I also liked the selection of teas, fruit juices and lassies.

My husband had lamb mulligatawny soup and some sort of kangaroo curry and both tasted great (do they really have kangaroo in Ceylon?). When ordering food, you can choose the level of spiciness on a scale from 1 to 6. I ordered 4 and it was all right, but my husband said that his level 5 curry was a bit too hot.

The owner was very nice and accommodating. Having showed up with no reservation, we really appreciated he found a table for us on a busy Saturday night.

I'm sure we'll be back to Mount Lavinia again, I'm keen to try out all the other dishes on the menu.

• Visited January 2013
Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
“food & service is very excellent”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

i came 15th of November 2012 with my family i ate mango salad .duck curry & renu duck curry is very good i came with my family 10 time of this restaurant .
i know this food is very healthy and cheap than other restaurant i wish the all the best restaurant moutlavinia

• Visited November 2012
BS
“Here still serves the boss!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was the first time there and was very pleased by the ambience and the food.
The food has good variations with Ceylon, Thai and a very good selection of vegetarian kitchen (Ayurveda).
The tastes are very good and authentic!
This place can be very recommended for vegetarians and vegans and all lovers of the Asian kitchen.
Be careful with the grade of spiciness between 1 to 6. 4 is already much more then the average!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank mba4u
Portishead, United Kingdom
“Slow coming but well worth it!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stumbled on to this restaurant when web were spending one night in Nurnburg. Don't expect fast food service or fast food. Service is measured and allows you to enjoy your surroundings. Food to die for... Need I say any more.