“Great value”
Review of Hotel Garni Probst

Hotel Garni Probst
Ranked #37 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We traveled to Nuremberg for Biofach exibition and were very glad we found this hotel. The price was raised due to exhibition period but still very reasonable compared to others in the same area. We changed rental conditions at last minute but the hotel still offered us the same price for our preferred request.

The breakfast was super and we are very pleased during our stay. The room was big, comfortable and clean. The GREAT thing is it is only 5 minutes walking distance from the main train station. You only need to go downstairs from the station, walk along the wall to enter the center and there it is the hotel.

The staffs were super friendly and helpful. As it is a family business so we also feel the warmth in every corners of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We spent three days here in December and had a lovely stay. The staff were all very friendly and eager to please. The rooms were very comfortable, typical of an older European hotel. I fell in love with their breakfasts, they were superb! We were there for Kristkindlmarkt and the location was perfect. It was right in the middle of everything, yet enough off the main street to not hear the noise. We were not bothered at all by the foot traffic at the other businesses as some reviewers noted. If you stay here be sure to try the pumpkin bread, it is addicting! We will stay here on future visits to this lovely city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mimi932
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We found the hotel to be perfectly placed, close to the main station and in the old town. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was a real local treat and the rooms were a little dated, but spotless.
I will be staying with them again

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kirsten K
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a double with a friend for 1 night. The room was spacious and we were welcomed and had our cases carried up. I loved the bathroom with a bath and it was roomy. As the heating was a little older, it wasn't quite warm enough upon first returning to the room so my only suggestion would be that it would be great to have extra blankets, however I was comfortable during the night.
The breakfast was delicious and I loved the rolls and bread provided.
It wasn't far from the station either and in a convenient part of town.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lbiscuit
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here on our first journey to Nuremburg. We normally look for a place not far from the train station, yet close to the city center. Like many other posts, the hotel interior is a bit dated, yet for our taste every thing was clean and comfortable.

I can't comment on the breakfast, as my wife and I slept in...we had a fun night of drinks, not far from the hotel and the bed was so comfortable we slept until about 10am.

The staff was great, it was raining and they gave us bigger umbrella's to go and explore this beautiful town.

Rooms were very spacious and even had a nice size tub if someone wanted to have a nice soak on their holiday. Wi-Fi, very good. My only downside is when we came back, a little late on an unexpectedly fun evening in Nuremburg the person at the front desk asked if I could pay then, so that "all hands could be on deck for breakfast". This does not bother me a bit, personally, though it could be seen as a bit tacky. This is on a street with some "Live Show's" on it, yet in no way shape or form is it a seedy area.

If you want to save some Euro's to explore, yet have a comfortable stay? Stay here!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the court yard. It is walking distance to soo much.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in October. The entrance was a bit unexpected (it is a short corridor to a lift, which you then take up to the reception. Press the yellow buzzer to order the lift). The hotel itself is a bit dated in design and furniture, but the staff were absolutely lovely. Very friendly and going out of their way to ensure you have a nice stay.

The room is basic, but functional. The breakfast is good, with a range of muesli, breads, fruit and meats.

The location is very convenient if you are travelling by train, as it is only a 5-10min walk from the main train station. It is also very close to the centre of town, easily accessible on foot within 10mins.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lil_SK
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here at the start and finish of our holiday in Bavaria. Both times we had a warm welcome, fair sized rooms with good showers. Breakfasts were exceptional compared with others we had in Germany, especially given the very reasonable rate that we paid.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple