“tricky waiters, average food, expensive”
Review of Zum Franziskaner

Zum Franziskaner
Ranked #113 of 3,812 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The traditional Bavarian restaurant "Zum Franziskaner" is operated by the Reinbold family since April 1966. Together with approx. 120 members of staff and the 35 people strong kitchen team, this family run business looks after all the culinary needs of their customers. The perfect mix of different styles make this place a meeting point for connoisseurs of high class food, local and international celebrities, business people and lovers of a cherished Bavarian light meal - the Franziskaner the only large scale restaurant in Munich with a toque in the Gault & Millau. Our cherished Bavarian food is known worldwide for Weißwürste and Franziskaner mustard as well as our beer specialities. Come on in and see for yourself. The Reinbold family welcomes you to the Franziskaner!
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were yesterday in this restaurant and were really dissappointed. Our waiter could not recommend any dish. Then he brought the wrong beer to my friend and said that the one he ordered was over (which was not true as he borught the right one in an hour). Then he also brought us a lot of dishes which we did not order and when we asked him about them, he answered that he just wanted us to try some traditional german dishes for free (it was late in the evening, so I thought they would close soon and still had a lot of food left). Anyways, at the end we had to pay for everything (some stuff we did not even try as it was too much)! The food was average. too expensive for such a quality. Other waiters were also not friendly. Too many tourists visit this place, so they do not need to be friendly. I won't go there after this experience anymore.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

It locates in the main shopping area in Munich. The restaurant is really local, which serves Munich food. The food is excellent and service is very good. You can mix with local people as well as tourists.

P.S. I visited the restaurant in Perusastr. 5, 80333 Munchen

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I love this place, and it's on my list for when friends come to visit. They have different types of Weissbier, be careful some of them are quite strong, but they are tasty.

I've taken one mark off because the servers sometimes be down right rude. This happens a lot in Munich city centre places, but still I don't think its right. We had to wait 30 minutes for them to clear off our plates, and another 25 minutes to pay !

They do the typical Bavarian breakfast here, Weisswurst with Weissbier, and they serve top quality stuff.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Usually, I order WienerSchnitzel when I visit Germany.

At the restaurant, I ordered a soup (with floating pancakes) and the one.

Yes, the soup seems a little salty (acceptable for me), and the dish is the most oily
in my experiences in Germany. I'm Japanese then according to the concept "Mottai-nai",
I finished the dish but it was tough work.

Some reviews discuss about the attitudes of the staffs, but the staffs I communicated are all polite and helpful. When I entered, I asked to take a seat for a table, but he denied due to a reservation and recommend the other table (it is also reserved but after a few hours). He introduced me English menu before my request and the waiter I ordered communicated with me in English only. His recommendation and answers are quite adequate.

In summary, the restaurant is typical. I don't have an active opinion to recommend it.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We very there trying to dink beer only and eat pretzels.
Rude waiter wasn't pleased with that and moved us to some table in the corner, didn't want to accept credit card for 10 euros bill. It's a shame, otherwise the place looks really. If you accept credit cards, accept it for any amount.