“Great food, service, atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Altschwabing

Cafe Altschwabing
Ranked #1,523 of 3,684 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Boston MA
“Great food, service, atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wonderful experience here. The family who runs it greet you warmly and really care about the food and service. Lovely atmosphere in a spacious, high-ceilinged old cafe. Outdoor dining (sidewalk cafe) in summer. Very interesting menu options, traditional leaning toward middle-eastern (Turkish influence maybe?), lots of vegetarian choices as well. Everything was fresh and delicious! The check was a nice surprise too, very reasonable.

• Visited August 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaraunt outside the city centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We decided to head out of the city centre and go for a good walk. We were aiming for this restaraunt as we'd heard good things and weren't disappointed. The service was good and friendly. We had two beers and a very nice meal. The restaraunt itself is quite small in comparison to the cavernous beer halls of central Munich. It has a beautiful mural on the ceiling and nice decor. Plus the funky decoration on the toilet doors. Would definately recommend.

Munich, Germany
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

My husband and I are expats in Munich and we live just around the corner from Cafe Altschwabing. This is one of our favorites. The salads are huge and the main dishes are spectacular. If you like lamb, you will not be disappointed in any of those dishes. The vegetables on the side are very flavorful and include quite a variety.
Whenever someone comes in town to visit us from the states, we take them here for a great sitdown meal!

Florida
“One of Top 3 Meals of My Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

Simply Amazing. I ate here a few weeks ago. I had a giant salad with a mammoth, tender chicken breast crusted with sesame seeds. I couldn't tell you what the name was as the menu was entirely in German. The dressing was perfect. The best part of the meal was of course the local Bavarian beer. Wow. I took a Schneider Weisse from tap, and I was in heaven.

The prices were modest. For a meal of that caliber, I would have paid more. The beer is expensive by US standards but well worth it. Typical of European restaurants, I'm not sure they take plastic. Most places prefer cash. It amused me to see all the waiters carry heavy change purses to make change, add you bill and cash you out table side.

The place was packed and lively. Parking is a pain, like in most cities. But I would have scaled mountains for another meal like that.

München
“excellent after the museums or the university”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008