“Food still good but disappointed by the service..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il Mulino

Il Mulino
Ranked #329 of 3,651 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Munich, Germany
“Food still good but disappointed by the service..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Il Mulino has always been my favourite italian restaurant in Munich. The food and service have usually been excellent. This time though I left vowing never to come back.
Tought the food was still very good and the waitress efficient and friendly, the settling of the bill left a bitter taste in my mouth. I checked with the waitress if I could pay with my ticket restaurants and showed them to her and she said no problem at all. She passed them on to the Maitre D' who rushed back to say although they accept ticket restaurants, they only do accept from either O2 and Sparkasse. They have never heard of my company. So I said it's an official ticket restaurant, a ticket restaurant is a ticket restaurant. He said wait a moment and asked for the company name again to ask his boss. I showed him the name of my company on the ticket and told him we were based in Munich. He said quite rudely we could be based in Pakistan it wouldn't make a difference. He called his boss who never heard of my company. They promptly turned down my preferred choice of payment without even trying to call the hotline number of the ticket restaurant provider. I felt very much like I was trying to con them with my dodgy tickets. They were not corteous at all with the whole thing and made no professional attempt to find out if the tickets were valid. Which they were by the way because not only have I checked on the service provider website that Il Mulino accepted their ticket restaurants before going there but I also checked afterwards with the service provider customer service. Obviously Il Mulino is doing so well that they don't need to keep their recurrent customers. I have been there 4 times but next time I fancy italian I'll take my business elsewhere...

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
“Good local italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

great food - decent wine, good service! We were there in a large group and t hey serviced us very well

Visited November 2012
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Good value for lunch, and that's it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Il Mulino is nice, but if you guy as much as I went and you grab some italian you'll get what this is all about: a great setting, nice decor and average italian fare. The pizza is incredibly dull, while pastas are better but not excellent. Meat and fish dishes are ok, but more than often you are left with something to wonder. They have an excellent lunch menu everyday which is a great bang for the buck, but not much more.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Simon C
“Nice Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Very good food in a nice atmosphere. They have a big special food menue. The Pizza is average. The Pasta and Meat is our recommendation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Niva, Denmark
“Excellent wine list and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great restaurant with both indside and outside seating. Very good kitchen and an excellent wine list, a place to go if you love Italian wine and want to sample some of the countrys top wines.

• Visited June 2012