“Nice beer garden. Nice inside too. Good service. Good food.”
Review of Zum Brunnwart

Zum Brunnwart
Ranked #357 of 3,973 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brunnwart is a typical bavarian restaurant with beergarden. We have 2 different rooms and a huge beergarden. We offer typical bavarian and mediterranean food. We do have a daily changing menu with specials and of course we can offer english menues. For the kids there is a nice playground right next to our beergarden.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I got to this place around 6.30 and noticed alot of reserved tables outside. I prefered a table inside away from the smokers outside. Had the inside area all to myself which was nice. Good decor & my waitress was very attentive even as it got busier, MUCH busier, this place is obviously popular with the locals. All types, familys, oldies, young couples. The food was good, nothing spectacular but for the price well worth it. Overall it was a nice place to dine. But make a reservtion if you plan on eating there after 8!

1  Thank Beaver82

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

A nice, out of the way, place with a traditional German menu. Food and service were both good. I must look German because everyone speaks it to me but the waiter politely brought an English menu. It was quiet when I was there, 5:30 on a Sat, but it looks like it could be fun-busy later in the evening. A good choice for traditional German food.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The restaurant Zum Brunnwart is an ok place for a lunch based on german food. The place is typical german i would say but, with two large rooms and a small garden outside with a skate park (in december). The food is ok and prices are ok for Munich. It is not in the city center though so i guess you have to be in the area to make it worth a visit. The service is pretty ok, avergae kindness and average speed.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I first visited here in 1991, and I return at least once - sometimes more every time I return to Munich.

This restaurant is patronized by locals as well as visitors. Most of the visitors are the lucky ones who stumble upon this little gem or are referred by one of the few hotels within 4 to 5 blocks walking distance.

The beer garden rests along the side of small river/creek which helps to drown out the Isarring car noise.

Inside you will find two bright and comfortable dining rooms. The food is typical Bavarian, and I have always found it to be high quality. The wiener schnitzel is some of the best in Munich, and my personal favorite is the Brunnwarts Jägerpfanne.

Service has always been fast and friendly.

The beer is primarily Löwenbräu and Franziskaner.

1  Thank jra3
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Was in Munich for the Champions League Final, and needed somewhere where I could gather together 15 - 20 hungry and thirsty chaps all arriving in different ways and at different times throughout the morning. Found this place online, just a pleasant 15 min stroll from our Hotel, and only 5 mins from a Metro. Didn't book anything, just took a flyer and hoped it was as good as it looked from the Website. Next day, despite Chelsea incredibly winning the trophy and all the subsequent celebrating, the lads were still congratulating me on finding such a great place and setting up the evening perfectly!
We took over a whole corner of the Beer Garden, sitting under the shade of huge trees, from Noon until about 7pm, grazing our way through half the Menu (yep, there was an English version!) and sending our fabulous sexy and very tolerant waitress (beautiful tattoos, by the way) on an almost constant track from table to bar with many many rounds of beautiful Bavarian beer. NB I had a chicken salad, believe it or not, which was OK - but there was a spare steak cos she got the order slightly confused and I also scoffed that and it was much better! Now the picture I'm painting here might horrify some, but we are all decent honourable respectful beer-loving English chaps (and one Sweaty Sock), enjoying our own company and just up for a relaxing pre-match experience. Not for us the red faced shouty drunken Irish Bar type experience, or the huge crowded public Beergardens, oh no. So all the German families, couples, small groups of Munich fans, mummies with kiddies etc who eventually turned up during the afternoon, none were inconvenienced or threatened by us. And they all looked to be having a great time, just as we did. The place was clean, friendly, had decent food & beer range, and wasn't cheap but not too expensive either. All just a short walk from the Englishgarden or a few stops on the Metro from the centre of Munich. Sure there are better places for cuisine, and ales (sampled more of the latter elsewhere!) but for our purposes on this day, it was Heaven. Thank you Brunnwarts, thank you Munich, We Are The Champions of Europe (sorry just can't help reminding myself!) Sadly though, they were due to shut quite early in the evening - probably as it's a residential area - so we went elsewhere to celebrate...but that's another story...