“Best local food around”

Ranked #48 of 3,852 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was an unexpected treasure. Great Gulashe Suppe, great Schnitzel, great pricing. I would recommend this restaurant over most 5 star restaurants in Munich.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Since I could not get any service at the Courtyard Marriott Munich East (Ost), I headed out down the street to a local German restaurant. This place was packed while MAX, the restaurant at at the Courtyard Marriott Munich East (Ost) was emtpy.

I can tell you it was fantastic food, service, and reasonable prices. I had the Schnitzel, Muenchener Art and it was Delicious. The beer was fantastic too.

I will return.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stopped by for a late meal right after the New Year out of a whim...and were we ever so happy that we did! The atmosphere was very nice and the staff freindly. The food is typical bavarian with a hint of Tyrol.. The servings were more than we could even eat and the beer was cold and most excellent!... The eatery is on the same road as Motel One and across from the train station...

Cheers

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stopped in as it was very close to our hotel. Friendly and courteous staff. But the real reason to go, the food!!! If you looking for traditional German food at a reasonable price, this is the place. Great atmosphere!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I admit I was a bit leery. The place is quiet close to the Ostbahnhof, it's right on the main street, and the decor and waitresses are done up in an almost stereotypical Bavarian theme. Was it just an over-priced tourist trap?

I'm delighted to say 'no'. The ambiance grew on me, helped by a table full of obviously local senior women enjoying a night out. The service was efficient and friendly, and the food was quite good and very reasonably priced.

It was good enough that I was sorely tempted to go back again during the same visit. The only thing that prevented me was the wealth of other good restaurants nearby. But I will definitely return next time I visit.

1  Thank LisahMaryland