zum Spockmeier
Ranked #77 of 3,846 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wir sind ein Bayrisches Traditionswirtshaus im Herzen München, direkt am Marienplatz. Unsere Gäste verwöhnen wir mit Schmankerl aus der regionalen Küche, den bayrischen Tapas und den heißgeliebten Weißwürsten aus der hauseigenen Metzgerei. Täglich produziert unser Metzgerteam die kesselfrischen Weißwürste. Wir freuen uns auf herzliche Gäste und Eure Bewertung zu Eurem Besuch bei uns im Spöckmeier. We offer our guests bavarian dishes from our in house butchery. All our sausages and meat specials are self produced from our master butcher. Try our "Weißwurst" breakfast with a Paulaner wheat beer, pork roast with potato dumplings or our bavarian Tapas. We are happy to welcome you.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Hello everyone,

Overall, the beer was good ( this is Munich after all), food was OK, service left a HORRIBLE negative impression and a sour taste in my mouth. It was our last day in Munich and with a tomorrow`s morning flight we thought we should have a proper meal before we left. I have to say that after a dinner in Zum Spoeckmeier the whole good Christmas spirit and enjoyment from the trip just disappeared, was ruined, spoiled etc.

To the story:

I entered the restaurant with two mugs i`d just bought in the X-mas bazar, and after dinner ( okish quality) i took few paper tissues from the table to wrap my mugs ( sticky after mulled wine in the street), the kellner , named [--] Samir, immediately jumped on me with rude demand: you have to pay for the glasses! I was so taken aback with this statement it took me 2-3 minutes to respond: WHY - and i actually look under the table to check - may be we broke some?..AND then i understood that the kellner probbaly saw me wrapping the mugs and decided to accuse me in stealing restaurant`s glassware. His tome was rude, mean, demanding and absolutely unacceptable. When i understood the origin of his WRONG accusations i even showed the content of my bag and my ( OMG) ceramic mugs. [--] Samir immediately swallowed his mistake, said OK ( no more) and disappeared in the kitchen WITHOUT a word of apology. I honestly tried to stop him saying : it`s not OK and you have to apologize, with this he ran even faster. I was waiting for about 10 min at the table, and the bad waiter was several time poking his head from the kitchen area to check if i departed or no. I know i must demand a manager or restaurant owner to my table and immediately bring the matter to his attention - making a mistake is one thing , but the absence of proper APOLOGY is absolutely another........ but the mood was not right............really really not right. Instead i`m doing this report on TA and sincerely hope that people will read it. I checked there are MANY similar staff/ personnel attitude issues already reported before me.
I strongly advice anyone who is hungry in the Munich city center AVOID this place ............

27  Thank Schonefeld
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Popped in with a group of friends for a couple of beers. Seated at the bar, we had a very friendly waiter able to speak English. The atmosphere was great, the beers and schnapps went down a treat, and Zum Spockmeier provided an interesting location.

1  Thank Hert3284
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Got caught in the rain while exploring marienplatz, and ducked into spockmeier's. We sat at the bar and had pretzels and beer and watched the food go by.It all looked good, especially the lamb shank so we decided to come back for dinner it was just as we expected the shank was great and the cheese spaetzle was the fazizzle. We enjoyed our dinner a lot.

1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall, the beer was good, food was fine, service left a memorable negative impression.
It took our server half an hour to let me know that the half order of roast I had ordered was sold out. When I tried to order something else that was similar, the server (Peter) insisted that I take his recommendation which was a much larger portion and at a higher price. I refused to take his recommendation and then he insulted me for 'complaining over a 5 Euro difference'. A comment like that is completely unacceptable to say to a customer when you're trying to push them into ordering things they don't want. Let me qualify this by saying that both my boyfriend and I work in the service industry and we can understand having a bad day, but this server's bad attitude went above and beyond.
I ended up liking my second-choice meal but our server's comment had left a bad taste in my mouth to say the least.

1  Thank Stefania S
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We took a chance based on the outdoor menu. Great Wies'n Bier and the food was excellent. Deer veal stew, Wiener schnitzel, potatoes and brussel sprouts. Would definitely recommend this place if you like good german food.

2  Thank Rob S