“Bland, and doesn't seem very Thai”
Review of Ruen Thai

Ruen Thai
Ranked #395 of 3,882 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The place is nicely decorated, and the staff are friendly, but that's about all it has going for it.

Maybe I don't know what authentic thai is, but this didn't seem like any Thai I've ever had. The menu didn't even offer the same kind of Thai food that I've ever had. Either way, the noodles I had were bland (9€).

The lunch menu comes with either soup or fried wontons. I went for the soup because it was cold out. It was alright, but before it came, a different waiter mistakenly brought the fried wontons to me, and they looked good.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

go to this thai restaurant, but the food I eat was more like indonesian food not thai food, I know how thai food taste because stay in thailand many years. This is not thai food! nd super expensive!

1  Thank LeodeVries
Reviewed February 19, 2011

We've spent ages trying to find a decent authentic Thai restaurant in Munich, and after eating here our search will go on. The standard was very poor - none of the real tastes of authentic Thai food, it was obviously "toned down" for European tastes, ie made bland. Definitely not worth the money.

1  Thank Beeron
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Had a yummy dinner here. Small, cozy place with a nice romantic atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly staff who spoke English in addition to German. Good menu variety, large portions, and pretty authentic for Thai food in the middle of Bavaria!

Reviewed October 12, 2009