“Very good but..”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have to say I was a bit dissapointed with the service in this restaurant.
Staff were not interested in us at all.
Food was lovely but portions are not too big and I was actually still hungry after our dinner.
This place is good but not good enough for me to come back- especially in Munich where you still have a choice .

Reviewed March 10, 2013

There are only 2 indians I will go to in Munich and this is one of them. Great food, friendly service and its ladies night once a week so you get a curry for free!

1  Thank Elizabeth_A_UK
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had originally booked another restaurant - but it so happened that I had noted the wrong address and ended up very near Maharani - but couldn't find the restaurant I had booked. So we went for the nearest option - which was Maharani - how lucky can you get??!

The restaurant itself is quite cozy without being over the top in Indian decor. Staff is friendly and attentive.

The food was really among the best Indian I've had - perfectly spiced and extremely tender meat (chicken). I had the Tikka Marsala which was amazing! Thumbs up and compliments to the chef!

Definitely recommendable!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have been there many times, know many other Indian restaurants in Munich and know very well the Indian cuisine from several trips to India: this is the best Indian restaurant in town - in our opinion. Always fresh, very good and identical to the original in India. Give it a try!

4  Thank Alex E
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Was taken here for a birthday meal and it was a superb meal. We didn't book and went relatively early in the evening. We had no trouble getting a table (for 2) but it was Sunday evening. I haven't been to any other Indian restaurants in Munich so cannot make any comparisons but the staff were great and will speak English if you get stuck with your German. The menu also has an English translation (though the terms Biryani, thalli, etc are the same wherever). The food was excellent - beautifully cooked and good sized portions. I thought that drinks were a little pricey but the price of the food was reasonable especially as it was of such a good standard. Well worth trying.

2  Thank Majeroc