“Good cocktails”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Solid cocktails and good for expats, food is solid and holds its own. Food is simple and menu is small. I had the rib sandwich and it's essentially ribs with no bone on a bun, yummy.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I expected a mexican joint, far from it, while they have fajitas they have a wide ranging menu from steaks and burgers to Salmon. I will be honest I saw the log and thought "red Robin", far from it. The drinks are good and not watered down, the food is comforting and very tasty. I had the "pork burger" turned out to be thin slices of roast pork on a thin multi-grain bun, really good. The small salad I ordered was huge. There were no seats left at 7:30, so bring your thirst, appetite and get there early.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ate here Monday night, it was in full swing at about 7:30, 5,20 cocktails all night long. Not the fastest service (because it was so full) but fast enough and nice environment to hang out and enjoy your evening. Definitely filling food, and very worth the value! ( but watch out Americans, the clam chowder is not typical) would definitely recommend this as a night out with friends or a fun date night restaurant.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

A colleague had been to Julep on a previous visit to Munich, and he decided on our recent visit together that we should go there for a much-needed steak and a beer or two.

The staff were attentive and lied both convincingly and reassuringly when complimenting me on the standard of my German language abilities! As we'd not eaten all day we both decided on the 12oz steaks - a rib-eye for me and a sirloin for him - on the "steak special" Sunday which priced them at around €17. A couple of excellent weissbiers preceded dinner, and when the latter arrived it was absolutely wonderful: the pepper sauce was excellent, the potatoes perfect and the steak tender and done just how we wanted it. The fact that the side order of shrimps had been forgotten was dealt with promptly, and the resulting stack of seafood was unsurprisingly highly palatable.

When offered dessert we asked to wait a few minutes for the main course to digest a little, which was not a problem - unlike many places I've eaten we weren't pestered every few minutes. Eventually we both decided we could manage a white chocolate cheesecake, which was again very delicious. The bill came to about €80, which we thought was pretty good for two people with steak and pud and plenty of lovely beer in an establishment where the service is as good as it gets.

To sum up my opinion: if you're in this part of Munich, and you're a carnivore, go to Julep's. It's wonderful.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Juleps bills itself as a "New York Bar" restaurant. The menu items are titled in English, with German explanations - which is a bit surreal. The menu consists of Burgers, Baby Back Ribs, Steaks, Fajitas (in NY?) and the like.

As an American, I would never have gone here, but I was with local hosts. I'll admit - I was impressed. I had a burger and fries and it was quite good. The ribs looked good as well, though the fajitas looked more like Mu-Shu Chicken than authentic Tex-Mex. It would have been cooler for them to have a more American-style bar menu (including martinis and American beers), but I've definitely had far worse American food in America, so they get points for that. That said, if you're American, you should probably head for something more international, unless you're dying for a BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger and fries (with ketchup!).

1  Thank LisahMaryland