“Hackerhaus”
Review of Hackerhaus

Hackerhaus
Ranked #573 of 3,942 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Hackerhaus (or "Altes Hackerhaus"...as the logo on their glasses states) is located on Sendlinger Strasse, near the Asamkirche (Asam Church). It is a pleasant bar/restaurant serving Hacker-Pschorr beer and is decorated with memorabilia of years past. It has an extensive menu of good German food at reasonable prices. Being slightly off the "beaten path" from the hectic Christmas Markets at Sendlinger Tor and Marienplatz, I find it a refreshing break from all the hustle and bustle. For more information go to www.hackerhaus.de.

1  Thank j_d_kopetsky

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was in Munich, Germany for the 2012 Oktoberfest. A friend of mine picked me up at the airport and after two hours of walking the sights, we stopped at the Hackerhaus for lunch. I asked about the Hofbrau house and I was told that place was too much of a tourist destination and I would enjoy the Hackerhaus. I was not disappointed, the atmosphere, the service and the food were outstanding. We were a party of ten and were taken care of from the start. I highly suggest anyone going to Munich, must experience this place.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

A group of 4 of us came and sat in one of the outside tables and ordered drinks. I noticed the staff was perhaps a bit stressed out, but I didn't think too much of it at time as I was enjoying the company of my friends.

The waitress came and gave us the bill (even though we hadn't asked for it). Whatever, we paid it and were expecting €1.20 change.

We decided to order some Apple Strudle, and after waiting for possibly 15 minutes we thought perhaps they had forgotten our order, so my girlfriend very politely asked, in German, whether our food was on it's way, to which the waitress went ballistic saying "We have a full table here, full table there, we don't have time blah blah blah".

We were a bit stunned, she just had to tell us they were busy but it was on it's way. The people on the table next to us were also shocked by this completely unwarranted outburst.

Now, we would normally leave the €1.20 change as a tip, but due to the extreme unpleasantness from the waitress we decided we wanted it back. We tried to get the attention of another waitress who was standing in the doorway. She saw us, rolled her eyes and waved her arms dismissively and went inside the restaurant.

Really never seen anything like it. We watched them being rude and stroppy to other customers as well. I can understand they were busy because Oktoberfest was on, but there really is no excuse to take it out on their customers.

We never got the Strudel or our change, and we ended up walking out, as it was clear we were a nuisance to them.

I can't rate the food because I never received it.

3  Thank ZachTownsend
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The restaurant is located close to the old city. We found here a combination of hospitality and tasty German and Bavarian cuisine. Polite and benevolent service.
The specific mention is deserved by a pork foot and the Bavarian strudel..

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Outstanding food and service. A relaxed atmosphere; we quickly learned that dinner in Germany is not a rushed occasion. Your table is your table for as long as you want to stay. Will return next time in Munich.