“Praktisch gelegen”

Metzgerwirt
Ranked #812 of 3,680 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tubingen, Germany
“Praktisch gelegen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We hadn't planned to eat here but as it was starting to rain after we exited Nymphenburg castle we decided to see if they have a table available for us and they had. The seasonal chanterelle menu offered some very nice dishes as did the normal menu. The menu is available in several languages. We settled for duck roast and guinea fowl with chanterelles.
The food was good, but not very special. Nothing I'd go any lengths to eat there but nothing I wouldn't do again if I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
“Great authentic Bavarian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Authentic Bavarian interior, great Bavarian menu with lots of included sides (veggies and salads!). Our family loved this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank worldtraveler61
Phoenix
“Good Beer, Decent Food, Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stopped in here after the Schloss Nymphenburg. It seemed like a complete win when we found it, just across the street, close to the train, they had Augustiner and there was seating outside. Does it get much better?

We went in and with typical Bavarian directness was told to sit anywhere. Then our waitress came over and asked me what we wanted to drink. I asked for two Augustiners (since typically a biergarten only servers one kind) and she asks me if I'm sure I don't want a different kind. Puzzled I look back at the menu and see a number of other Biers. I ask her what else there is and she gets upset at me and starts going off about how they are a Biergarten and they only have Augustiner and don't I know that, and on and on. Ok, so NOW can I get the two Augustiners that we ordered in the first place? Off she goes. Seems that if they only only have one kind, and I ordered it, then I'm lost on why she would ask, or why they would have a few others listed in the menu. She didn't really talk to us from there on or acknowledge us.

The food was decent and a reasonable price. The guy who waited on us after the woman wouldn't was pleasant enough and things were pretty uneventful from there...until all of the bees showed up. They were everywhere, on the plates, in the bier, around us, you name it. There were a few other people there and they were having the same issue. We ended up asking if we could move inside since I'm allergic and didn't need that much excitement in my trip. A few other people moved inside as well. It was a little disappointing to move inside with beautiful weather outside, but lets face it, managing bees is a little harder than managing nasty waitresses.

If you are at the Schloss and are in need of drinks or food, I would recommend this place as long as you don't see a woman waiting on people with a scowl.

• Visited October 2012
Eugene, Oregon
“Local Eats, Good Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stopped in here to warm up after a cold day at Schloss Nymphenburg and was very glad we did. Just steps from the exit, this little eatery has old world charm. We ordered the apple fritters and they were delicious, perfect afternoon treat. The place was busy, but everyone was being attended too and food appeared to be coming out quickly. I wish I could have eaten a meal here as everything looked and smelled delicious!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank AndreaRae13
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Best food near Schloss Nymphenburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Leaving the beautiful Schloss in freezing conditions we were looking for somewhere to eat and spotted this restaurant near the exit. The food was exceptional and good value. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2012