“Holding court in the main dining room!”
Review of Pfistermuhle

Pfistermuhle
Ranked #68 of 3,770 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the historic atmosphere of medieval Munich in one of the most beautiful locations in the historic city centre. In the lovingly restored vaults of the dukes mill dating back to 1573 we are offering upscale Bavarian cuisine and fine Franconian wines alongside famed and freshly brewed Ayinger draft beer from the families brewery. In the Pfistermuhle there are four vaults with more altogether 95 seats. Thirty additional seats are available in the beer garden in Summer.
Bristol, Virginia
“Holding court in the main dining room!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Traveling alone and had the best table in the room! The restaurant is in historic (1573) vaults with groin-vaulted ceilings which make for elegant Bavarian décor. Villory and Boch china hold the special local gustations. 1) Creamed turnip soup with venison meatball, currents and whipped cream 2) Lamb chops and sausage from Gutshof Polting in Lower Bavaria with rosemary sauce, green and brown beans, tomatoes and polenta 3) Gratinated crème of rhubarb with sour cream and chocolate ice cream. Fabulous wine list! Extremely competent staff and I loved that they slipped on white gloves before touching anything a client would be touching...silverware, glassware, etc. A side note: my taxi driver walked me to the restaurant with umbrella after he got as close as possible to entrance...that would never happen in America!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank kaningryta

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Traditional bavarian food in an excellent feel of time”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had dinner here on our last night in Munich. It was a short stay because we were going to ski to Val Garden, so we actually had only one day. We found the restaurant at day time accidentially and decided to come back for dinner. When we arrived the rest was full but one very nice lady talled us to come in 30 mins, so we went for an apperitif and came back. I was together with my friend, and as girls we do not it that much, so we ordered 2 salads, cheese plate and main fish course for share. The serving was great. Selection of wines is great and of course they have beer. The atmosphere at the restaurant is excectly the one I love the most...dark small rooms, candles...
I enjoyed everything and didnt have any regrets about my choice. Going to come back here next time for sure.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Elena B
Heiko_Buchta, Manager at Pfistermuhle, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Elena, We are glad, that you have enjoyed your visit to our restaurant Pfistermühle. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Best regards! Yor team of Pfistermühle.
Kiev, Ukraine
“In My Top 5”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Really great Bavarian food. Menus in English, German and Russian. Very good staff. My advice - look just last page with local specialties! Ragout of deer calf haunch is something, Terrine of venison is a kind of dream, and very special kurbis soup that is absent at on-site menus (don't know why). Desserts are also outstanding, as far as local Ayinger's weissbeer. We ate there 4 times during 4-days stay, and I was happy with my hotel choice not just because, but mostly because this wonderful restaurant was in just 3-minutes walk.

Next time in Munich - for sure first dinner will be there.

• Visited December 2013
“Good food”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We reserved a table for sylvester night by our concierge in the hotel and gave our credit card for deposit. It was 155€ per person.
It was included 8 dishes and small bottle of champaign.
The food was excellent,atmosphere was great. Very good design in a old style.
At the end we asked for bill but they told us that it is already payed. We explained that we gave our card only for deposit and we want to pay by cash. They told that they can't cancell now...so check everything before you going there.
This thing really destroyed me the evening.

MIDDLESBROUGH
“We found one!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

A German with a sense if humour!
A very enjoyable birthday meal in Munich, our waiter or perhaps the owner? Was very attentive and seemed eager to prove that its a stereo type that Germans have no sense of humour. A couple less witty remarks would have been my preference, as on one occasion I didn't consider him amusing.
The food was great and the restaurant was very pleasant surroundings in which to enjoy it. I've only eaten in a couple of Michelin star restaurants previously and been disappointed with portion size, not so on this occasion everything was just right. Highly recommend this place, if your wallet can accommodate the prices on the menu..... You get what you pay for.

2 Thank Mike W