Tripadvisor

Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #1,743 of 4,411 Restaurants in Munich
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in here quite a few times while we were in Munich. There are several different sections- a grocery area featuring Italian food products, a restaurant section with a dessert counter, a gelato counter, a coffee counter, a bar and a sit-down restaurant; a book, card and kitchen supply area and a small section selling design-your-own lamps. There is also a basement wine cellar. We bought food at the grocery to cook at the apartment- the fresh veggie burgers were exceptionally good as was the olive oil. One afternoon we got coffee and cake. I got one of the fancy coffees- the cup was coated with nutella before the coffee was poured in. Nonna's citrone torte was delicious. We had planned to go back for pizza as it looked and smelled great but we ran out of time. Some of the server's name tags indicate with little flags what languages they speak. It is usually crowded.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Saw this place walking round the city and decided to return for dinner. Not a good choice - we expected something more authentically Italian with some more imaginative food. In truth it's pretty average pasta and pizza that you could get in any one of hundreds of Italian restaurants around the world. Service was also slow (and server had a bad personal hygiene issue). A real shame - but I could not recommend this place.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

The atmosphere is fun and amidst Italian imported groceries. Waitress liked to speak Italian to customers who could. My daughter and I had pasta dishes and found both the spaghetti and the ravioli to be too "aldente," almost crunchy--I prefer a bit of softness. Also, the salad we ordered never came. Every drop you drink you pay for--so we got a large sparkling water bottle. Desserts looked good and my daughter liked the Aranciata drink. On the whole: not super relaxing, harried forgetful wait staff, decent food, cool place.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Staff was horrible, unfriendly service.
The food was very bad, pizza like plastic, the carbonara was cold and there was no meat only fat, and no sauce. Look my pictures !

1  Thank rromain
Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

It looks attractive from the outside and has a popular name but unfortunately this place is incredibly messy, full of untrained and unprofessional staff who seem to know little of the basics of their jobs. I had my worse customer service experience in years here at the La Piazza bar, I dealt with some clueless and very rude girls who just left me speechless. Terrible ambassadors of Italy and its food and culture. Management should take action ASAP.

Date of visit: December 2019