TripAdvisor
Munich
Post
Inbox
Search

“It was a mistake to enter there”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #1,522 of 4,404 Restaurants in Munich
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We entered Eataly at about 6pm on a Monday evening. The restaurant was kind of empty. Me and my fiancé sat at a table for 4, because we were awaiting two friends wo were about to join us.

Thr waiter asked us to change the table, since we were only two people. After trying to explain that our friend were supposed to arrive very soon, the waiter commented something in italian and he started to take our jackets to put them by a smaller table.

I could understand the situation if the restaurant would be filled up with guests but it wasn't the case.

Because of his agressive maneers, we left immediately the place. We live in Munich and we will never go there again.

1  Thank AdrianLesiak96
Write a reviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

We became huge fans of Eataly when we first discovered it in New York. We loved it so much that when I planned the 2nd trip to NY I chose an apt to rent as close to Eataly as possible. That’s why when we learnt Eataly was opened in Munich we got very excited, well, it didn’t last long.
When we came there for dinner we were surprised to see only a few people there (I remember Eataly in NY was always packed full. OK, I ordered pasta alla carbonara and my husband ordered a pizza.
First disappointment was customer service: our server didn’t even let me finish a sentence as he grabbed the menus and walked away. Then the food came; yes, I like pasta “al dente”, but this pasta was simply not cooked , it was impossible to eat it, so after a few bites, I gave up. My husband’s pizza was not better. Sad thing was that nobody (and they were not busy at all) ever came up to our table to ask how the food was, nor anyone asked me why I left almost all my pasta not eaten. 4 different servers came to our table (there were clearly more waiters than clients there): 1 took our order, 2nd brought drinks, 3rd brought food and the 4th took away our dishes. Not one of them showed any interest in us. Sad for Eataly, I don’t think it will survive for long in Munich.

2  Thank Corinne V
Reviewed September 8, 2019

We had a group of dozen people eating here on a thursday evening. Staff was friendly and the italian food we ate was excellent. Too bad we had no time for the store part of the complex. I will have to visit again.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Stopped by late afternoon. Good frito misti and aperol spritz. Great service. Been to the one in NY city, both done well.

Reviewed August 29, 2019

Eataty has it all, great wine, different food stations plus you can buy any Italian products there. I recommend that you take a visit as it is very good

Date of visit: August 2019