“It's lost a bit of 'spice'”
Review of Sangeet

Sangeet
Ranked #1,428 of 3,973 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I've been dining at this establishment for years, mostly due to the wonderful (comprehensive) and most flavorful menu selections, fresh ingredients, attentive service... but, I think this venue might be a victim of its own success. Prices have increased markedly over the last year or so, the dishes appear as one unrecognizable glop after the other, the staff has become indifferent if not rude, and on more than one occasion recently we've had to wait ages for any signs of our order (met with a shrug when asked for a 'status report'...in German!). Plus, as one reviewer noted, the bathroom was a disaster--something straight out of India (and not in a good way). Believe me, I *really* want to continue my loyalty here, but after a string of really horrible experiences, we now dine elsewhere: the Munich-Indo scene has many fabulous recent additions, where the owners are actually happy you stopped by.

3  Thank Love2Escape

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I visited this restaurant with one of my my colleague and this was one of the best restaurants serving indian food in Munich.

The restaurant is very centrally located near the Marine Plaza and the overall ambience is great. Its a big restaurant but was all packed.

The price is slightly on the higher side compared to other indian food but the quality is much better. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Last visited the place on the 7th October 2010, been there about 4 times for Lunch as I work close by.
****The Place****
Situated at one of the most expensive streets in Munich (close to the Aston Martin and Mercedes Showroom), the restaurant is not exactly cheap. The place itself is nice and looks clean, relatively big, but not too big. There are also quiet tables, so it is definitely OK for romantic dinners and business meetings.
****Location****
Conveniently located next to the subway exit of Odeonsplatz, it is easy to find it and still in the center of the city. No good parking spots however.
****The Food****
The Food was very nice. The menu has something like a scale on how spicy the food actually is. Very helpful if you want to eat something very hot. You can order as much rice as you want, so eating a lot is not a problem. The meat portions are also relatively large and taste amazing. My companion, who is not a big fan of Indian food, also liked everything. The chicken curry is very nice and relatively hot, the salads however are not very big (typical for German restaurants). I tried the chicken breasts salad, which was nice , however I finished it with four bites. We have tried the mango cream for dessert – exquisite.
****Price/Quality/Quantity****
Ok, the prices are a little bit higher than the typical ranges of 6-8 EUR for Indian restaurants. A portion there costs between 9-12 EUR (most of them are about 11 EUR). The portions are relatively big and with the free rice you get you will not leave hungry. So yes, there is a price premium, but I guess that it is ok – the food looks good, the restaurant is clean and smells nice, which is not typical for an average Indian restaurant. We payed 65 Eur (2 Person), each of us eating a salad, a meal, a dessert and drank 4 glasses of wine. It is ok.
****Service****
Everyone was nice, however, we were not allowed to pick up our own table (Couples are supposed to sit on the small 2-person tables, which I personally hate). What I did not like about the service was that we felt that they were always in a hurry, two times I had to call the waiter again, because I didn’t finish my request and he was already gone. In the end we got a free complimentary mango liquor, which tastes very nice.
****Payment****
They accept credit and EC cards.
****Languages****
Service speaks English (better than German actually), the menu is also in both languages.
****Lunch****
Prices are lower during Lunch, the portions are however the same. I would definitely recommend the place for a lunch.
****Crowding Factor and Waiting****
During lunch – yes, relatively crowded, still I have never waited for a table. During evening - during my last visit it was relatively empty (8-10 pm).

2  Thank m512active
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Good food, but the service was a bit slow. I was amazed to find an Indian restaurant on Brienner Strasse, which seems quite a posh street.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 19, 2008

good food but better don't use the toilets..

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook