“A cozy gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Munich, Germany
“A cozy gem”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

One of my favorite restaurants in Munich! The food is very tasty and atmosphere to match a romantic candlelit getaway in Munich. When I go there with my friends they always get the surf and turf but I stick to the hot plates or the vegetarian burrito. Perfect for a date with my special someone and then a walk along the river to the GOP theater. We had a great time!

• Greek first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“El Gordo Loco: a must in Munchen”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

El Gordo Loco made the end of a long day of to bring around perfect. Very friendly atmosphere! Great food at reasonable prices. If you want to eat where the local folks eat, this is it! Was recommended by Mikes Tour guides. Right again guys!!

1 Thank Dalelindabraden
Anaheim, California
“WOW!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having come from Southern California, my husband and I have been greatly missing Mexican food our last three years in Germany. Why oh why did I have to find this place with less than a month left in Germany? This place is just fantastic! The owner was super friendly and the food was everything we have been missing. I definitely recommend this place and will go back every time I am in Munich.

1 Thank C_Radness
Santa Cruz, California
“I wanted so badly to like this place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I saw that there was a guy from Mexico and another from california here and my hopes were raised so high for a chance at decent mexican food in germany. Sadly it was not to be. 6€ for chip and salsa and the chips weren't even fresh?! They had that nasty flavoring stuff you get on cheap packaged chips. Any self respecting mexican/ californian would not be caught dead with this crap in their restaurant. Sad to say the entrees were not much better. We also waited over an hour for our food (and over 45 minutes for the chips & salsa). This part wouldn't bother me so much if it was worth it...

• Visited August 2013
Israel
“Mexico in Mucnhen”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great atmosphere. Plates were excellent. Well worth. Not expensive. Very welcoming owner. Easy to find. Authentic music. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013