“WOW!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having come from Southern California, my husband and I have been greatly missing Mexican food our last three years in Germany. Why oh why did I have to find this place with less than a month left in Germany? This place is just fantastic! The owner was super friendly and the food was everything we have been missing. I definitely recommend this place and will go back every time I am in Munich.

1  Thank C_Radness
There are newer reviews for El Gordo Loco

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I saw that there was a guy from Mexico and another from california here and my hopes were raised so high for a chance at decent mexican food in germany. Sadly it was not to be. 6€ for chip and salsa and the chips weren't even fresh?! They had that nasty flavoring stuff you get on cheap packaged chips. Any self respecting mexican/ californian would not be caught dead with this crap in their restaurant. Sad to say the entrees were not much better. We also waited over an hour for our food (and over 45 minutes for the chips & salsa). This part wouldn't bother me so much if it was worth it...

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great atmosphere. Plates were excellent. Well worth. Not expensive. Very welcoming owner. Easy to find. Authentic music. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Gonen S
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Visited El Gordo Loco for the first time and yes it's off the beaten track but well worth the visit. The owner and staff made us welcome as soon as we entered and the food was amazing and great value. We were advised to share the nacho starter which did not disappoint, home made nacho's and the best ever! This was followed by steak fajitas and burritos and again both we're cooked to perfection. The restaurant is small but this does not detract from the atmosphere which is awesome. Even though it was early Tuesday evening and the place was extremely busy we were lucky enough to get a table, but if your looking to dine here I would recommend you reserving a table.

1  Thank R K
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has a lovely friendly welcoming atmosphere and the food is hearty and delicious!

I had the steak salad and my partner had the fajitas (which I had wished I ordered!) which were delicious!