“Best Mexican in Munich”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I love this place! Great selection of dishes, including some authentic and hard to find ones such as huitlacoche. Between visits with various friends I've sampled almost everything on the menu and it's all good. Love the guacamole.

Have some sangrita (no, not SANGRIA) with some good tequila. Not mixed, alternate sips. They have a top-notch selection of tequilas, Don Julio is my favorite. Great Margaritas too.

This is also a fantastic place for brunch, when it's not as packed. Try the "huevos divorciados" (divorced eggs).

Service is good, very friendly.

The space isn't too large and since it's apparently popular it can get pretty full (I prefer to go on weeknights) but if you want good-quality Mexican in Munich, this is THE place to go. It's a little pricier than a burrito joint, but the food is so much better.

There are newer reviews for El Patio

Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a San Diegan who is well traveled in Mexico, I am pretty particular about my Mexican food. I did not expect much when my friends in Munich invited me to El Patio. My anticipation was something "Taco Bellesque" at best and schnitzel in a taco shell at worst. What I found was a fantastic, authentic Mexican restaurant with a friendly atmosphere owned and operated by actual Mexicans from Mexico City. While in Munich I made regular visits and became a huge fan of their Enchiladas Suizas which are actually superior to any I have had in Mexico or the United States. I also have a special place for El Patio as it is where I was when I first found out I was going to be a dad, so great memories all the way around.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

After 11 years and several attempts, I have finally found a fantastic Mexican restaurant in Munich. We are talking about the fresh salsa kind. No bottled stuff here. The fajitas were out of this world good. If you are in Munich and wanting some FRESH Mexican food (the kind we like along the border), visit El Patio! Cannot wait to try their Sunday brunch.

Be sure and reserve!

Reviewed May 7, 2010

Excellent place if you want to experience real mexican cuisine instead of tex-mex. The menu has a big variety, but consequently original mexican. The atmosphere is cosy and nice, maybe a little too cramped. Very friendly service.

Reviewed September 6, 2008

The food is ok but very small portions for what you're charged. It used to be better.
There are not many options to choose from. The place is not very big and you might not always find a place to sit. It's more like a bar rather than a restaurant. The service is ok but nothing compared to other mexican restaurants in Munich.