Tripadvisor

from $49.58
from $77.13
from $33.06
More Info
All reviews dachau concentration camp subject matter small group powerful experience provided great information train and bus excellent guide third reich answered all of our questions memorial site deep knowledge highlight of our trip meeting place meeting point nazi party wealth of knowledge visit munich
Selected filters
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

My family and I were in Munich for holiday and we booked the Dachau tour to have our 16 and 20 year old learn and experience what a concentration camp was like. Alum used photos in his guide book to highlight the background to the history leading up to the camp and what life was like in the camp. He provided a lot more information then what you would find in the on site materials as he has read through a numbers of books on the subject. During the day he lead us through the best way to get through the camp and see all of the sites but to avoid the majority of the crowd in doing so. Later in Munich he showed the key locations in the early days of the Nazi formation locations that are not marked for obvious reasons. Alum is well worth the price and it was the best day trip of our time in Munich.

Date of experience: July 2019
Alun E, Owner at Alun Evans Personal Tour Guiding Munich, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Great to meet your Family, thanks!

Reviewed July 12, 2019

This was the first tour I have taken outside the USA, and in an unfamiliar city. I must say, I could not have asked for a better tour guide, nor a more insightful one- Alun did an extraordinary job in presenting the in-depth historical chronology of the Dachau camp. He kept his tour group small thus making for a more intimate interaction with his group. My daughter and I enjoyed the, albeit brief, philosophical and educational discussions we had with Alun during our time. His presentation was captivating and he was effective in retaining our attention. He was prompt, easy to locate for our meeting time and very efficient in pacing the group to utilize every minute of our tour time effectively. We were disappointed that due to other engagements, we were unable to go with the group to the afternoon Third Reich tour with them and Alun. We would have loved to continue the day with the group. I would definitely recommend Alun Evans Personal Tour Guiding Munich!

Date of experience: June 2019

Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky enough to book this tour. While the tour itself was emotional Alun’s information and knowledge of the event made it a trip to remember. Alum is a personable and intelligent guide who made the tour. I can’t recommend this tour enough! Do this!

Thanks for the great review Stacy!

Reviewed July 11, 2019

Alun our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. We met him at Marienplatz which was easy to find from our hotel.
Dachau was a very emotional experience which we are glad we visited. We learnt a lot. We didn’t realise how emotional it would make us feel, but it did.
We applaud the German government for making the students attend places like Dachau so that history never repeats itself. As much as it’s heartbreaking it was an invaluable history lesson, well done Alun in explaining and showing us through.

Date of experience: June 2019

Your Feedback means a lot, many thanks!

Reviewed July 11, 2019

Excellent. Lots of facts yet made it interesting. 4 hours flew by. Gave my grandson -18- and I introspective ideas about the entire Nazi era. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review!