Tripadvisor

from $49.58
from $77.13
from $33.06
More Info
All reviews dachau concentration camp subject matter small group powerful experience provided great information train and bus excellent guide third reich answered all of our questions memorial site deep knowledge highlight of our trip meeting place meeting point nazi party wealth of knowledge visit munich
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Alun was extremely knowledgeable about dachau, the concentration camps and germany in general. Its clear that he loves what he's doing, as he had many books he had recently read and was talking to our groups about which ones we should read. Ive done an Auschwitz tour before and while that camp is more impressive, the tour Alun gave made this a much better experience.

Date of experience: May 2019
Alun E, Owner at Alun Evans Personal Tour Guiding Munich, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2019

Thanks Ryan, great to meet you!

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

Alun was an awesome tour guide. We have been traveling in several different cities and taken many other tours and none compare. He is so knowledgeable and respectful of a sensitive topic. We learned so much we wished we had done this our first day in Munich because it would have enhanced our trip. We felt that he had truly perfected this tour. We also loved the small group size. I will recommend his tour to anyone I know traveling to Munich.

Thanks Ellen, so happy you got value!

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

If we could give Alun 10 stars it would be 10+⭐️. Hands down the best tour guide we ever had on our many trips to Europe. He is very knowledgeable and kind. He showed great respect for the history of our tour.

I am humbled by your review, thankyou!

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Alun was AMAZING! Incredibly knowledgeable and respectful of the topic. His small group sizes are perfect for being able to hear him and ask questions. You'll see groups of 20+ there and he guided us around them at the perfect timing; right down to the bus and train ride tips to beat the crowd! He spoke clearly and explained the material in such a way that it was easily understood and timed perfectly. I wish Alun was our guide for all of Munich! If you're considering this tour, you must do this one!

Date of experience: April 2019

Thanks, I think smaller groups are the way to go on this tour!

Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

This tour of the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site exceeded my expectations. I was not the person who booked the tour for our group of friends, so I was genuinely expecting a larger group. It was a wonderful surprise that our tour group was 8 people, and it allowed for a much more intimate feeling tour as opposed to a larger group.

Alun was a phenomenal tour guide. He met us in Marienplatz and escorting us to Dachau via public transit. It was a perfectly timed, stress-free journey. He led an incredibly informative tour, and I learned so much. He is incredibly knowledgeable about Dachau and was very easy to listen to.

I really appreciated that he gave us ample time to explore certain areas on our own. I didn't feel rushed, and it gave me time to absorb and process the information we were given.

It was an incredibly intense experience and I would highly recommend it, especially having Alun as the guide.

Date of experience: April 2019

Thanks for your fabulous review! It is important to me that people get value from the tour!