“great atmosphere”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Molly Malone's is a typical Irish pub with a great atmosphere if you like that sort of thing. I have been there several times and each time it was really nice. The staff is very friendly and the service is generally fast. The food is very nice, especially the finger food is very tasty. I can recommend this place to anyone who likes a cosy Irish pub atmosphere.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great place. Food is excellent.
Bangers and Mash is pretty good too.
Good beer. However the place does get busy so best to make a reservation.
Friendly helpful staff.

1  Thank Wooks_61
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a great alternative to the Munich beer hall scene. The food is very good and the drink selection is vast. The atmosphere is friendly and the wait staff is very efficient. The burgers are as good if not better than the Burger House and there is a much better chance of getting a table! You don’t need to visit here if you are just passing through Munich but if you live here and want a change of menu this is a great place to go.

1  Thank ssttravelers
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm not a regular nor a bloke that frequents the Irish bars of Munich that much but what I will say is this joint is probably the best (of this genre) in town.

I have been coming here on and off for the last 16 years and popped in the other night like for me tea which - in a classic Molly Malone's stylee - consisted of Fish and Chips and a couple of jars of Guiness. Absolutely, delicious! And the Guiness was going down that well, we didn't want get off to the birthday party we were due to cruise along to at another venue.

It was a Friday evening, so pretty rammed by 7pm though we did manage to find a place to perch at the bar. The service - as ever - was great. We felt very welcome and very comfortable. And the Fish and Chips ...dare I mention it again ..was just the best. Now there are a selection of other dishes on the menu ..some my good lady says don't quite rock such as the ribs ... but I highly recommend the Fish and Chips!!

Right in order to stop mentioning the Fish and Chips, here are some other comments ...this place really has a vibrant bar scene, it also shows a lot of sporting events on the screens overhead, has a big selection of whiskey, is somewhere you want to get to early or reserve ahead as it gets very very busy.

Any road, after this most recent visit I feel I should come here more often :-)

2  Thank MunichLozz-e
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I try to stay in the Hilton so I can walk to Molly Malones. Cozy, fun, and very friendly. I highly recommend the whiskey menu and seek advice from the bartender. I am looking forward to returning soon.