“Quite possibly the best Irish Bar in Munich.”
Review of Molly Malone's

Molly Malone's
Ranked #769 of 3,876 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I'm not a regular nor a bloke that frequents the Irish bars of Munich that much but what I will say is this joint is probably the best (of this genre) in town.

I have been coming here on and off for the last 16 years and popped in the other night like for me tea which - in a classic Molly Malone's stylee - consisted of Fish and Chips and a couple of jars of Guiness. Absolutely, delicious! And the Guiness was going down that well, we didn't want get off to the birthday party we were due to cruise along to at another venue.

It was a Friday evening, so pretty rammed by 7pm though we did manage to find a place to perch at the bar. The service - as ever - was great. We felt very welcome and very comfortable. And the Fish and Chips ...dare I mention it again ..was just the best. Now there are a selection of other dishes on the menu ..some my good lady says don't quite rock such as the ribs ... but I highly recommend the Fish and Chips!!

Right in order to stop mentioning the Fish and Chips, here are some other comments ...this place really has a vibrant bar scene, it also shows a lot of sporting events on the screens overhead, has a big selection of whiskey, is somewhere you want to get to early or reserve ahead as it gets very very busy.

Any road, after this most recent visit I feel I should come here more often :-)

2  Thank MunichLozz-e

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I try to stay in the Hilton so I can walk to Molly Malones. Cozy, fun, and very friendly. I highly recommend the whiskey menu and seek advice from the bartender. I am looking forward to returning soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

You can always count on Molly's for good beer (German and Irish), food, fun and games. Friendly staff, great fish and chips and strudel!
Trivia on Mondays (in English amd German) and 3 big screen TV's for world wide sports. Tables outside in the summer, cozy inside in rhe winter.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I ate here with colleagues after an event in our Munich office. It was snowing heavily and we were unable to attend the Christmas markets due to this. I thought Molly Malone's would be a traditional Irish pub, with focus on drinks rather than food, but I was wrong! There is a large variety of meals on offer (including good vegetarian choices) and the food is of the highest quality. The banoffee pudding that some of my colleagues chose was a work of art. This is a great place to eat - don't judge a book by its cover!

Reviewed February 17, 2010

Great Irish Pub where the atmosphere varies from quiet, relaxed, easy eating and drinking to noisy when the sports fans are in watching Rugby, Football etc. Breakfasts to die for and the best Fish and Chips outside the UK. Fantastic selection of Beers (and Biers), not forgetting the Guinness (on Tap) and Magners. racks of spirits.
Menu selection is great for relaxed eating with friends or alone, great for meeting new people or just joining in the banter.
A must for any homesick Irish/Brit and certainly for anyone who wants a great time...
Outside seating available until late evening....
Has a facebook page...check it out!

1  Thank Flymemoon