“the best 'expensive' steak ever!”

Block House Leopoldstrasse
Ranked #60 of 3,680 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Opened in 1987, our Block House restaurant is an integral part of life on the magnificent Leopoldstraße boulevard. With its beer garden flair, our large and delightful terrace can accommodate up to 140 guests until late into the evening from Easter until the last warm days of autumn.
Amman
“the best 'expensive' steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We found Block house while wondering hungry in the neighborhood during our trip to munchen.
It said "the best steak house" at the door, and those people did not kid anyone.. They're absolutely the best!
My husband had steak, I don't remember the kind, I had an unusual burger. Both dishes tasted out of this world.. It's the excellent type of meat they use I think with the spices and dressings cooked to perfection.
Plus, the very helpful friendly waitress there made it easier to pick from the menu what suits our taste. The whole staff were extra nice.
The bill was a bit higher that expected, knowing that munich is an expensive city.

• Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bahrain
“Best steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I used to eat a lot when visiting Hamburg many years ago. I was so happy to know that they have a branch in Munich . We had our dinner and everything was perfect including food quality , price ,etc,
Higjmy recommended for steak lovers

Warsaw, Poland
“Good steaks, but the rest too cantine style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I wanted piece of meat, so I looked for Steak House in Schwabing and found Block House. The reviews were quite positive so I had a nice walk alongside Leopoldstrasse there. Place was quite packed (20:00) so I got seat at the bar - which was better for faster service. I ordered 350g rib eye - which was one of biggest cuts they have (what kind of better steak house does not even have decent 500g rib on the bone?).
It comes standard - salad to start - covered with some awful mayonaise connoction, it would probably be better if the bread was served with it. Steak is served with baked potato with lot of mayonaise-like sour cream, again rather vulgar taste and thankfully with OK piece of lightly garlick bread. I much rather have a choice of fries or proper salad.
Meat itself was done perfectly as ordered, but it was lacking the real stuff. If you order ribeye, you expect it to have an eye of fat - which gives flavour to the rest. Mine was missing it. Meat was tender, but rather not well-matured, I even eaten better steaks back in Poland, not to mention South Africa... Of course better than other German "steak" chains, but that is not a stellar achievement.
Wine by glas was a definite plus - 5.5Euro for 200ml of matching Shiraz is good deal.
Very efficient service and paying 35Euro for dinner is quite good value

• Visited March 2014
Newton Abbot, England, United Kingdom
“Come for the Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Don't bother with the baked potato. The salad is OK. Have the 12 oz rib eye. One of the beat steaks I have ever eaten.

Munich, Germany
“stake lover's paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

the stakes we had were very tasty and the service was super friendly! would recommend the place to the stake lovers.

Visited February 2014