TripAdvisor

Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had lunch here twice when passing through Munich recently. It was a bit of a timewarp, full of atmosphere; the food was traditional and good value and the staff were charming.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (235)

Reviewed July 23, 2019

It’s really hard to annoy me when I’m on holidays. I was unlucky Enough to stay above this cafe and use them for check in/ breakfasts and any other common area that you would a hotel. My booking was lost but I got a room anyway. Aside from a South African girl who was lovely absolutely ever other staff member at this establishment was rude, slow and cold. From no eye contact or 30 minutes for a menu. To being seated at One table by one staff member to bring shouted st my other in front of a full
Terrace that it was reserved and I had to move. Such a shame as the quirky old world feeling could really be such a fun place. I’ve worked years in hospitality and this was far from hospitable. I’d never go again. They need to pull
Their socks up.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

Located in a neighborhood, the ambience here is the beagle. I came for a late night dinner and had delicious gnocchi and a glass of wine. Sitting on the patio with a charming pianist and violinist playing, this was the highlight of my short stay in Munich.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 19, 2019

Friendly service, reasonably priced and good solid traditional food in this neighbourhood restaurant filled with the buzz of happy people. We enjoyed live piano and violin music the night we dined here.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

As the title suggests we took a stroll to Cafe am Beethoven as it was close to our hotel for a lazy breakfast and it was just what we needed. Fantastic weather meant we were able to sit outside and we were looked after quickly by a very friendly waitress, whose name I cant remember right now. There was a man playing light music on the piano which added to a great atmosphere. The food was absolutely delicious and set us up perfectly for a day of touring and sight seeing. Great location, very quiet and fantastic food.

Date of visit: June 2019