“Closed on Mondays”

Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have not eaten here, but I arrived at the door on Monday evening and it was closed. Apparently, Monday is the day off - thought you all should know.

Also, the address is correct, but the location on the map is wrong. Beware you don't get lost like I did! A nice taxi driver pointed me in the right location.

No he comido aquí, porque está cerrado los lunes. También, la dirección es recto, pero la lugar en la mapa no es bueno. Que triste que no pude comer aquí.

2  Thank Brittany C
There are newer reviews for Ennstaler Stubn

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Although the hostess is a lovely lady and was very attentive as she went through the menu with us as we don't understand German or Austrian, we found the food is far from the standard described in another reviews in here. We had a salad and two different schnitzels and although ok, nothing of restaurant standards. Overall we were disappointed. I wouldn't recommend.

2  Thank TheFirstOfTheGang
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I decided on this place. It is a bit further out from central Munich but it was worth it. You get good value, a menu that's cooked from scratch.

We had the vegetable soup (sorry I do not remember the German name) an entree of potato dumpling, pork loin and a nice gravy. Very hearty!

Beverages we had local German beer and also the schnapps. The owners bring in schnapps from Austria and it is definitely a locally made product. We had the apple and the pear, very nice.

Dessert we had the pancakes

We did see the locals ordering the cordon bleu schnitzel (pork or veal patty with ham and cheese battered and friend). It looks like the signature dish.

We'll definitely be back next time we are Munich. The staff were so nice explaining everything to us. In Germany, politeness goes a long way!

1  Thank curriedrice
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I read a review on this resturant that described it like going to your favorite aunt's place. How right he was.We took a cab to get there and when we got there we were greeted by Monique(hope I got the name right).What a wonderful lady.The menu is in german but she seemed to take great pleasure in explaining it to us. It is a Austrian resturant and we picked a couple of dishes she suggested for dinner and desert. I know it sounds stupid not to be able to describe what we had,but I can tell you it was very good and there was plenty of it. She offered to wrap it up for us to take with us but we had no where to keep it.When my wife asked what the people at the next table were drinking she explained it was a house speacial and proceeded to bring us one at no charge. It tasted a little fruity and was refreshing .Their was another very nice lady who stopped by our table a couple of times and she brought us a Austrian drink (very strong) to try (no charge) I liked it but my wife thought it to be a little too strong.Their was a good mix of locals and tourist. When it came time to leave we asked if she could call us a cab, which she did and then gave us a hug and told us that she was very happy to have met us.When we were outside waiting for the cab she came out to let us know it would be there in a couple of minutes and gave us another hug.It was my favorite dinning experience on our two week trip to Europe.Give it a try you will not be disappointed

1  Thank plannersteve
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great food, very good service, excellent value for money!

2  Thank Chris E