“I do not ave a lot of one star reviews”
Review of Tambosi - CLOSED

Tambosi
Cuisines: German, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed December 22, 2013

as I usually try to take into account venue and price/vs value and peoples efforts as well as the absolute quality as perceived by me
On this Saturday evening this was all negative - the only positive contact we had with the waiting staff was organizing us a table which already needed some dicfficulty - all the tables seemed reserved (although in case of the one next to us- which could have been put to use at least three times whilst we were there- nobody turned up the whole evening)
Waiters than disappeared and from then onwards could only be flagged down with considerable effort luring them away from the table the other side of us with two young good looking ladies which were "obviously" more in their focus than anybody else (no offence ladies - you were entirely innocent in this)
Then it went worse- drinks were mixed up (teas, coffes all needed coreccting), the food - some mixed antipasty were horribly overpriced for what they were - the majority just out of jars, expesnive but bad wines
but what really did it for me where the espressi - in a place that credits itself with having brough coffee into munich, a bland overroasted, burnt, completely cremafree espresso - for 4 Euro - every Filling station does this better
Avoid - and even if starving avoid

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had a lovely lazy lunch here inthe sunshine. Nice choice of wines and beers. Food is a little above average but the pasta a little overlooked unfortunately. Nice strudel and lovely friendly ambience. Very busy and popular in a nice location.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Extraordinary place! We were have breakfasts there several days in a row. Great coffee, various attractive breakfast options. A bit small inside (we have been during winter), but this is a part of old-fashioned ambience. Liked to observe clients in the mornings: old couples, old singles, girlfriends... The location is very convenient to continue walking to city center for shopping or to English garden. If you like something from the past with good quality of food and drink, this is a must in Munich!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Place is awesome and well located close to city center with trees and nice garden and therefore perfect to stop and drink a beer.
However do not try the food, it's just awful... I ordered a basic plate: truffle pasta and for a Italian (claimed) this results in overcooked pasta !! and tasteless truffle butter... That's all... Some truffle part but tasteless as the remaining plate.... And decides wasn't even friendly....
Therefore I will highly recommend to move away from this place to help them come back in the earth and respect people with tasty food and friendly service....

1  Thank Bambooly
Reviewed May 13, 2013

They know they have the nice historic structure and that the location is convenient. But the service was just terrible from two different employees. I've had such a pleasant experience with having Germans communicate with me even though I don't speak German. The worst part for me was the the server refused to tell me my check total in English. He just kept repeating it in German until I started guessing the first number and then he used English to tell me the remainder change with perfect English. Never again.