“Delicious Thai food in a lovlely atmosphere”

Yum - Thai Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #60 of 3,850 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very good thai food with fresh ingredients, all well-prepared. We had an assortment of dishes from fried finger foods to start and stir-fry and curry dishes for mains. Full bar with a good wine list.

The service is excellent -- friendly and professional.

The atmosphere is a delight -- low lights and exotic, in Asian-modern rooms filled with Asian statues and flowers. If you don;t want it THAT dark, sit by the windows.

Admittedly, we were there this summer during an unusual heat wave, and the lack of A/C almost made us pass by. However, sitting by a window made it okay, and we are glad we stayed.

Prices are on the high side, but this is not the average no-frills thai place.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We ate at Yum based on Trip Advisor and our hotel's recommendations. The staff fit us in at short notice on a busy Friday night and were very friendly. We were seated in an alcove towards the kitchens which doesn't have as good an atmosphere as the main part of the restaurant and would ask for a table towards the front if I were to return. The meal was enjoyed by all of our party who were looking for a change of cuisine while visiting the city. We shared dishes between us and all were very tasty.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Walking into a packed city centre restaurant without a reservation can be hazardous, but not here. I was welcomed, informed a table was soon to become available, offered a seat at the bar, given a menu and a drink. The ambience is dark and moody, deliciously so. Staff are professional and efficient, the manager/owner? courteous and watchful. The menu is extensive, food was fragrant and competently spiced. I ate sublimely,

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I was going to leave 5 stars, because the food is excellent and authentic. I've been to Thailand many times. Plus the ambience is perfect for a great evening.

BUT

The bill ripped us off by €22 by double counting the platers. There were 4 of us and they charged us 3 sharing platers for 6 people. I questioned the bill but all we got was a shrug and suddenly couldn't understand English. Then to top it they assumed the €10 change as a tip and didn't bring back to table.
Really felt I was in Bangkok and not Munich. Like I said - authentic!!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The thai food in this restaurant is really excellent. The surroundings quite beautiful, dark rooms with mood lighting. It is very central too. My husband & I ordered one main dish each which came with a refillable rice bowl. My husband said it was the best Thai he had eaten in his memory. I am vegetarian and ordered a tofu dish. And here is why I gave this review 4 instead of 5 stars. The tofu was smoked; a very unusual flavour for more delicate Thai food. I liked smoked cheese, but smoked tofu in a thai curry was completely overpowering and a little difficult to digest. I did not ask if they had a non smoked version, so I do not know if I will return. Finally, 2 main courses, one beer and one tea cost Euro 50.