“Expect little and be surprised !!!”
Review of Natraj

Natraj
Ranked #253 of 3,793 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are Indians craving for Indian food in Munich on a chilly night
And we decided in this place after much research.
As I entered I felt the waiter was very unhappy on seeing us.
And to his horror , we ordered biryani .LOL
After much talking I realized he was once bitten ( review by rider0729 , I assume ) twice shy of all Indians.
What I would like to tell my fellow Indians is that when in a foreign country , never expect the food in an Indian restaurant to be the same quality as home.the food is always adjusted to the palate and taste buds of the foreign country . I have never found chicken curry with bony pieces in any European country as this is never accepted by the local population. Similar way , one cannot expect the spicy food that we get in India .

What I liked about this hotel:
Food : average to good.
Service : excellent .1) The waiter neelesh was very blunt that his biryani would not be as tasty as dum biryani as they did not make it that way. We still insisted in biryani and he made special effort to make it good. Biryani was good .
2) neelesh is one talkative waiter and we enjoyed chatting with him
3) I ordered butter chicken and it was one of the better ones I have had in Europe.
Ambience : good
Location: bit difficult to find.
Price : acceptable
Nan , butter chicken , 2 biryani and two beers came up to 60 euro

3  Thank Litz F
There are newer reviews for Natraj

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The food is delicious, authentic and served with love. There is a great atmosphere in this little restaurant. The personnel is very kind. Be ready to travel in India.

2  Thank François A
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'll start by saying that I have never had this kind of magnificent service!! Food is extremly delicious, with a large variety of options to enjoy the indian kitchen. We were a group of 3 friends on Munich, and after eating in a few good classic bavarian restaurants we wanted to change the routine and eat somewhere special - and that was a great choise.. highly recomended!

2  Thank Kfir V
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Taste: Very Bad and Unhealthy food so full of food color(which isn't good for health)
NO WHERE CLOSE TO WHAT WE EAT IN INDIA.

Service: CHERRY ON THE CAKE IT'S EVEN WORSE. we ordered Biryani and it was pathetic(more of fried rice that to very SOGGY) upon complaining we have been told no body can make it better in restaurants, i can cook better than them even while sleeping!!! at the end we paid for Biryani which we hardly had

Conclusion: IT LOOKS INDIAN BUT IT ISN'T AUTHENTIC

2  Thank rider0729
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Ended up on my own craving a curry and so made my way here. Was warmly welcomed in to a small but busy dining room. Service was quick with alternative suggestions made to my choices which I welcomed. While choosing paneer pakora starter and lamb main course, I later saw a couple ordering thali which looked really good. There is a choice of different thalis and I will try on next time.
Rice is included with all main courses which, personally, I would change, preferring bread - but then I was not awake enough to ask for a substitution!
When I asked for the bill I was also given a dessert, on the house which is a nice touch.
All in all friendly staff, interesting menu, clean and will not break the bank. Would be happy to dine here again!

2  Thank Paul C