“wrong time to visit, but still not a complete disappointment”
Review of Natraj

Natraj
Ranked #257 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We visited Natraj shortly before their daily break, which means hurried glances and limited menu, but still curries were satisfactory. Nothing exceptional.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Like many of the other reviewers of the Natraj we needed a change from the hearty German fare of the previous few days and visited there tonight based on the recommendations we'd seen here on tripadvisor. I've been to Munich many times and I wish I'd read these reviews before since Natraj richly deserves the praise given to it.

Rather anonymously hidden behind bushes on a major road not particularly close to the centre of town (but only 15 mins walk from the HauptBahnhof and close to the Lowenbrau Keller), the Natraj is one of those little gems you delight in finding. As others have said, the service is exceptionally friendly (despite the Indians being royally whacked by us in the test match this week) and the ambience is cosy.

The food is quite excellent. I would have to rate their saag ghost (they call it something different but you'll recognise it) as one of the best I have ever tasted with a fresh spinach flavour that puts most of the others I've had to shame. Several of the other dishes were similarly worthwhile (we had a group of six so we had quite a few). We took their recommendations and were glad we did so.

This really is worth the trip out. It isn't ritzy but it's excellent unpretentious food (with quality vegetarian options of course) is what you're going for.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We choose to go here based on other travellers reviews and we were not disappointed. In fact, we cannot not rave about this place enough.
The waiters were very friendly and the menu extensive. They had an english menu which did make it easier for us to choose our delicious food! We had starters and mains and would recommend the 3 chicken dish which came out on a sizzling platter with fresh vegetables.....
After our dinner we were given a light dish of coconut rice and little shot glasses of alcohol. To complete our dinner they brought us seeds (fennel?) to clean your palate.
At all times the waiters were attentive and made you feel 'special'.
We will be back........
Paula and Ross
Edinburgh, Scotland

2  Thank PMHenderson
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I was looking for a break from hearty German food and this restaurant really hit the spot. Each item in the Thali I ordered was fresh and delicious, and the prices really were not bad given the quality. I was also impressed by the service; in addition to being friendly and efficient, they also provided papadums with chutney before the meal and a rice pudding and a shot of what seemed to be alcoholic lassi after free of charge.

Had I been in Munich for longer I definitely would have gone back to Natraj.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Naresh was a doll! He gave us a free dessert and a shot of Bayley's Irish Whiskey and other assorted vodkas completely gratis. Maybe he liked us just because we were New Yorkers?

I'm not evening mentioning the food yet! The Himilayan Chicken was divine, hold off on the soup, a little salty for the American palette. The Spinach Paneer was excellent and the lamb was very tender. Make sure you try the Garlic Naan!

Also, they take Amex, what more could you ask for?

1  Thank joannagale