“Good sushi but small sashimi”
Review of Sushi & Soul

Sushi & Soul
Ranked #627 of 3,703 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“Good sushi but small sashimi”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The food was good and it was enjoyable place to hang out. The California roll was the favorite but we were disappointed by the very small sashimi pieces. Another place in Munich was serving pieces twice as large for the same price. The rest of the rolls also only seemed skimpy compared to other sushi placed. My friends were impressed with saki selection and raved about the mixed drinks. Overall it seems like a great place to hang out with friends but only an adequate place for sushi.

• Visited May 2014

Milano
“Nice restaurant. Sushi not bad but..”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The restaurant is really nice and the waiters are very kind.
However the food was not bad but not really high quality. Tiny portions (I had Wakame as a starter and all I received was a couple of pinches of it) and average quality. The price was not too high but I think it was not adequate to the food. The dessert has been the best part of my meal.

• Visited March 2014
Verona, Italy
“Good but..”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The place is very scenographic, especially the bar scene. You must try the drinks: sake sour it's spectacular! Then staff is quite kind but service is quite slow. We ate after 25 minutes, which for my standard and for sushi is too much. The quality of food is great but the price is little bit too much. I suggest to you to go with your girlfriends if you want to impress her.

• Visited March 2014
Munich, Germany
“good to know what it means not to be 'guest' there ...”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

.. we reserved consciously a "quite table" for 2 persons and once we got there, we founded ourselves on a long table each side of us with a group of 10 folks each. Nice, but loud: we were yelling to communicate one single word. After calling up the 'manager', asking friendly whether there would be perhaps still another table, we got a decisive answer: "what do you expect on Saturday to get?" We understood that we were there to fill the pockets, but "guests" should better avoid this place. Ahh, of course we did not eat there ... On the other side is nice Croatian owned restaurant ;-)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ZagrebvisitorLH123
Solothurn, Switzerland
“I expected more, but the cocktails were good.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant during our Oktoberfest weekend in Munich. We made a reservation for a Friday evening and I am glad that we did because the place was packed by the time we arrived at 8:15.

My husband and I ordered the mixed vegetable and shrimp tempura as a starter and to be honest, it was probably the best thing that we had there and even that was just average. We ordered four rolls and two of them were the specials, but we just felt like they were all boring. Sushi is one of our favorite meals so we generally try to find a good sushi restaurant every time we travel. Although we live in Switzerland now, I lived in Los Angeles for 26 years, so maybe I was just spoiled by all the creativity and variety that we had there.

On the plus side, the bar was good and the cocktails were strong (and cheap). I think we paid like 4.50 Euro per cocktail and under 4 Euros for a .5 liter beer. We asked the bartender to recommend something for me and he made something with ginger. I was skeptical at first, but it was great and I ordered it two more times.

If you do decide to go there, they have sushi and bento box happy hours. Check out their menu online and it states the happy hour days and times.

All in all, the drinks are worth going, but the sushi is nothing special.

• Visited October 2013