“A phantastic place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Franziskanergarten

Franziskanergarten
Ranked #934 of 3,678 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Marburg, Germany
“A phantastic place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

As we are visiting Munich regularly and a couple of times per year, we are very much interested in having a good shelter to go and to come back. The Franziskaner is definitely a restaurant worth to visit. The service is very attentive and alert, also in times of high traffic, friendly and courteous, even you order only small dishes. The prices are acceptable, not cheap but appropriate. The quality of food is of high standard. For most frequent times, you should pre-book a table or come early.

• Visited October 2011

• Korean first
Alexandria, VA
“So good and so much fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

We ate there on a Sunday night, the outside was packed!! It sounded like a concert, you could hear the people down the street. Due to my fear of bees (which are everywhere there), we ate inside and so glad we did. If you eat inside, you get a slightly different menu. My boyfriend and I both don't speak any German, and they were more than happy to help us pick something out to eat. I ordered the deer steak and he got the duck. Both were amazing, but the deer was exceptional!! I have grown up on a farm, hunted deer my whole life, that was the best deer I have ever had. It came with a big pile of some weird looking french fry things. And, I ate every one of them. Turns out they are a noodle, pan fried in butter. The meal was so good, my mouth is watering thinking about it.
If you are a fan of wheat beer, they have a really good one just waiting for you to drink!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good german and bavarian food in a nice atmosphere. Great Biergarten with nice choice of food and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2007