All reviewstrain stationgreat locationurban roomwxyz bardirectly across the streetfree bottlelaundry roomwalk in showerother citiescomfortable bedsmain stationperfect hotelnice bargreat showerlobby areawater pressuremodern design
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Very modern - room good size and bed very comfortable and warm. Shower good.
Service good and staff very helpful. Housekeeping average - each day something
was not replenished.
Breakfast is continental buffet style in foyer. Small area, very busy and poor selection.
Foyer incorporates, bar, pool table, breakfast area and seating.
Lighting poor and could have done without the strobe effect constantly. Also loud pop music plays all day and all night in foyer and lifts. Hotel good for access to train station but general area outside is rather seedy and being a woman on her own - intimidating with tramps and beggars and drunks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inwards to court yard i.e., not on front of hotel - could be noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Oliver S, Manager at Aloft Munich, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Susan G,

Thanks a lot for your good review about your recent stay at the Aloft Munich.
Great you enjoyed our spacious room and also the service of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping didn't do a good job - did you mention it on the Front Desk? They would have been happy to help you with the issue and talk to our Housekeeping. On peek times the breakfast buffet is very busy as usually in every hotel with a high occupancy and as part of the Aloft concept our guests can use the whole lobby to sit and enjoy their breakfast. I am sorry you did not like the Aloft Style and our Aloft concept with the open lobby, light and music. But this is what Aloft stands for and it is well communicated on our website and all booking channels so that guest shouldn't be surprised about it. We know that the area around the main train station is not the nicest one Munich offers but it is very convenient and easy to reach by all types of public transportation and also next to a lot of sightseeing spots. There might be some beggars around but you can be sure that all of our guests are absolutely save at our hotel. Maybe you want to try one of our other Marriott Hotels on your next visit to Munich like the Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central or the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Munich. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Staying at Aloft is usually the same wherever you go. My room did not smell fresh but after opening a window, it helped. The location is directly across the street from the train station. Many homeless people hang out in front asking for money. I had no problems until checkout. I used my American credit card and was asked if I wanted to pay in dollars. I chose "no" and the transaction was cancelled each time. The front desk could not make it so that I was charged in Euros. The hotel had a MUCH higher conversion rate than my credit card to the tune of about $20 US Dollars per night. I know this is how many hotels try to make more money but it is quite irritating. I will not return after I was assured that I was charged in Euros.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear gregntommy,

Thank you very much for being our guest and your positive review about your recent stay at the Aloft Munich. I am happy you like the Aloft Style and that you already visited several Aloft Hotels. We know that the area around the main train station is not the nicest one Munich offers, but as you already mentioned it is very convenient for our international and national guests and also next to a lot of tourist attractions. I want to apologize for the issue you had on checkout with your credit card payment and of course it is not our intention to make more money. I am really sorry for that and hope we will get the chance to show you that we can handle this better on your next visit.

Hope to see you back soon in Munich!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

Recently (3rd week of Oct. 2017) stayed four nights at Aloft. It is very conveniently located opposite the Central Train Station. From the train station, you just need to cross the road to reach the hotel. The Lufthansa Express Airport bus station is on the North side of the Central train station.

While making the reservation, I had read somewhere that this hotel was built in 2015. Hence has a modern look and decor. Preferred this over the Le Meridien (on adjoining street) and built in early 2000's. Definitely a right call.

The hotel check-in/check-out was quick and easy. Security is good. Need the room key card to operate the elevator. Spacious room with a good city view. The Wi-Fi worked well in the room.
I never tried the hotel breakfast options. Preferred grabbing breakfast from the many options available on the Central Train Station.

If again in Munich, I would definitely stay at Aloft.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank localtripname
Oliver S, Manager at Aloft Munich, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Dear localtripname,

Thanks a lot for your great and detailed review and the 5 star rating for our Aloft Munich.
Really happy you liked our convenient location and also the hotel itself and that you had an enjoyable stay with us during your 4 nights in Munich.

Hope to welcome you back as our guest on your next visit to Munich!

Reviewed November 11, 2017

If you're going to Oktoberfest, this the perfect hotel location for both exploring the area and getting the festival. Right across the street from the main train station with tons of shops and restaurants nearby. The hotel staff is very friend, lobby is great to meet up with friends and has a bar. The rooms are really hip and spacious, very quite rooms, and the bathroom sink counter has lots of space for toiletries. The hotel has free laundry machines (just need to bring detergent) and the new rooftop patio has been under construction for the past two years I have visited (not sure if its on hold).

Room Tip: Two queen bed room are great for traveling with friends.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Dear outrageoustravel,

Thank you very much for being our guest and your wonderful review as well as the 5 star rating for our Aloft Munich. I am happy you already stayed with us several times and enjoyed your stays with us.

Hope to see you back soon at the Aloft Munich!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Good location and a very updated room. Had a great view of the train station. The hotel was easy to find from the subway. Good place to catch a night before heading to the airport. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo

Dear Traveling_Nibbler,

Thanks a lot for choosing the Aloft Munich and your fantastic review as well as the 5 star rating for our hotel. I am glad you liked our convenient location as well as the rooms and that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Munich!