“Get the Grilled Pork Knuckle!!!”
Review of Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus
Ranked #245 of 4,200 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2014

This was my second time visiting the famous Hofbrahaus and I have to say I was impressed! The first time was later at night and they had a limited menu so it was great to have a full selection. We were lucky enough to find a seat outside this time also. I have to admit it was way more crowded than I expected since we were there during Oktoberfest but it didn't seem to matter. The atmosphere is much like a tent at Oktoberfest so that's always fun. I had the grilled pork knuckle and it was AMAZING! One of the best meals I've ever had, I would highly recommend it. This is one of those places you definitely have to try and visit while you are in town! Prost!

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank UrbanL18
Write a ReviewReviews (19,057)

Reviewed November 12, 2014

Hofbrauhaus was a great place!! The food was great and so was the beer!! The food and beer were affordable. About 8 euros for a liter of beer! I had the 4 sausage wieners and they were fantastic. The potato salad is even better! I went twice during my stay in Munich and both times it was packed! It is hard to get a seat but the wait is worth it. To find a seat walk around and when you see someone finishing up their meal simply ask them if you can wait for them to finish. The waiters are nice and the service is good for the most part. It is busy but the food comes fast.

Their is a band that plays but you can not hear it everywhere in the restaurant. The place is HUGE!! My friends and I really enjoyed the environment! There is also a store where you can purchase beersteins and other Hofbrauhaus apparel and items! They are also reasonably priced.

This beer garden really made me feel like I was experiencing Germany in the best way for their culture of beer and bratwurst!!

Reviewed November 11, 2014

if you want to sample a real Bavarian beer hall listening g to a umpah band and drinking the biggest steins eating half a pig then this is the place for you

Reviewed November 11, 2014

We traveled with a large group and arrived and different times. The good thing was we eventually managed to get two tables next to each other to enjoy the festivities. The bad thing was the place was so crowded and hot that everyone, staff included, were sweating bullets.The food was good but our server was high strung and frustrated causing him to provide not so great service. We would still go back if we ever visited Munich again knowing the do's and don'ts.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Great atmosphere and surroundings. Lovely building with painted ceilings. At noon there is also a live band. Would go a bit earlier as by 1pm there are usually quite alot of people here. Food prices are average and quality is good. Beer is good too. Would recommend the dark beer. Place is in the city center close to all the main attractions so its easy to plan a visit and incorporate it into your day. Good place for friends and large family to visit as there are large tables available. Note however that alot of the tables in the main hall where the band is are booked in advanced so if you are a big group would go early. Menus available in English - would recommend that you read this well. If you like a more quite atmosphere there is a restaurant upstairs as well. The waitresses seem to be a bit nicer upstairs too - maybe because its not so crowded and not so busy. Either way nice place to visit if you want to enjoy the traditional atmosphere of music and beer.