“Get the Grilled Pork Knuckle!!!”
Review of Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus
Ranked #247 of 4,444 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A very famous Beerhall and bavarian Restaurant located in the Center of Munich. There is a huge Beerhall with more than 1000 Seats and a Beergarden with old chesnut Trees. Live Blasmusik and bavarian Beer in 1 Liter Glasses.
Reviewed November 12, 2014

This was my second time visiting the famous Hofbrahaus and I have to say I was impressed! The first time was later at night and they had a limited menu so it was great to have a full selection. We were lucky enough to find a seat outside this time also. I have to admit it was way more crowded than I expected since we were there during Oktoberfest but it didn't seem to matter. The atmosphere is much like a tent at Oktoberfest so that's always fun. I had the grilled pork knuckle and it was AMAZING! One of the best meals I've ever had, I would highly recommend it. This is one of those places you definitely have to try and visit while you are in town! Prost!

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank UrbanL18
Write a reviewReviews (29,312)

Reviewed November 12, 2014

Hofbrauhaus was a great place!! The food was great and so was the beer!! The food and beer were affordable. About 8 euros for a liter of beer! I had the 4 sausage wieners and they were fantastic. The potato salad is even better! I went twice during my stay in Munich and both times it was packed! It is hard to get a seat but the wait is worth it. To find a seat walk around and when you see someone finishing up their meal simply ask them if you can wait for them to finish. The waiters are nice and the service is good for the most part. It is busy but the food comes fast.

Their is a band that plays but you can not hear it everywhere in the restaurant. The place is HUGE!! My friends and I really enjoyed the environment! There is also a store where you can purchase beersteins and other Hofbrauhaus apparel and items! They are also reasonably priced.

This beer garden really made me feel like I was experiencing Germany in the best way for their culture of beer and bratwurst!!

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 12, 2014 via mobile

We first visited hofbräuhaus on a tour of Adolf Hitler's reign. During the day this place just glowed and all the colours of the room just added to the glamorous yet eerie historic building. By night is when this place shows it's best. My wife and I were hungry and thirsty and after a 1lt beer each we were recommended the pork knuckle and we were not disappointed. The flavours mix so well and we just had a great night enjoying the live music and atmosphere. Definitely would recommend visiting again.

Reviewed November 11, 2014

if you want to sample a real Bavarian beer hall listening g to a umpah band and drinking the biggest steins eating half a pig then this is the place for you

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed November 11, 2014

We traveled with a large group and arrived and different times. The good thing was we eventually managed to get two tables next to each other to enjoy the festivities. The bad thing was the place was so crowded and hot that everyone, staff included, were sweating bullets.The food was good but our server was high strung and frustrated causing him to provide not so great service. We would still go back if we ever visited Munich again knowing the do's and don'ts.

Date of visit: September 2014