“Great food, nice discovery”
Review of Deeba

Deeba
Ranked #347 of 3,703 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Milano
“Great food, nice discovery”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We just stumbled upon this Pakistani restaurant. I have never been to a Pakistani restaurant before but I am familiar with Indian cuisine.

The food is excellently made and well balanced. I suspect a little bit tamed to western taste. The only shortcoming is the absence of English or other languages menu. The boss speaks many languages and therefore this problem is lessened a bit. The waiters basically don't.

If you are near Munich museums, this is a really good choice. Good price /quality ratio.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantantly surprised by food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wanted a bite of lunch after visiting the Neue Pinakothek and saw Deeba over the road, by the tram stop. My expectation wasn't high, coming from London where enjoy very high quality food from the subcontinent.
Anyway, I picked the lamb and chickpea curry off the lunch menu and asked them to spice it up a bit. What a pleasant surprise. Tasty, not greasy, good portion and served with a delicious naan bread. Perfectly good food with friendly service in relaxed surroundings - that's plenty good enough for me.
My visit to Deeba will teach me not to be so judgemental in future, before I have even tried it!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank hendonite
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very tasty Pakistani food, great service”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Visited here with colleagues whilst attending the Messe for a trade show. I picked it from Tripadvisor as my previous favourite in Munich seemed to be getting poor reviews recently.

The flavours, textures and authenticity of the various meat and veggie dishes that we ordered were all excellent. We ordered most of the dishes "hot" though none of them were hot to a practiced English palette. Rice and nan breads were both fresh and enjoyable.

My only criticism was that all the appetisers were rather bland, deep fried items, with the exception of the vegetable samosas which were good.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“A shocking but lovely discovery”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We came across this gem on our way back from the old Pinakothek to the bus stop 27. We were hungry, tired of eating doner ( not a fan of wursts ) and had these awesome smells of kababs coming our way. SO we ditched bus 27 and walked across and grabbed a table. Its owner is Pakistani who moved to Germany over 35 years ago. He is friendly and energetic. We ordered the chicken kabab combo plate as well as the beef kabab plate ( I am blanking on the exact names ) They were both served in the same skillet and were around 8 pieces in total. For two people they were just enough and we did not waste any food though I can see someone with a bigger appetite would go home hungry. Each entree was around 13 euro which was perfect for the quality of the food. The meal comes with a small salad, Papad ( crispy bread) and rice with some coconut curry. It has white linen with outside seating. Everything was fresh and the kabobs were tasty and very well done. We had the best meal here and went home satisfied. Most importantly i did not have any tummy cramps which I did after eating a few of trhe doners from some random shops behind the main train station. WIll highly recommend it !

• Visited May 2013
Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler, Germany
“Enjoyable food a bit off the beaten track”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

During a recent visit by a friend we had the last minute thought to go for a curry in town on the same Saturday night - a quick phone call and we were rewarded by a positive reply (very lucky, noting this place is popular/busy). Seated a couple of hours later we enjoyed attentive service in a friendly atmosphere. We went for the mixed starter for 2, a couple of main dishes & a couple of rotis. The starter alone, comprising various pakora, was varied and almost finished us both off as it was very generous. Main dishes nice and tasty. Within a short time the place was quite full, itself a good sign. If you are looking for an option this is one place to consider.