“Good food Good beer”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a schweinshaxe and beer in the restaurant. It is simply nice. Waitress is friendly. It is much more enjoyable experience than my experience in another famous historic restaurant.

They have English menu and also they have suggestions of different beer for different food. This is something interesting.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

the beer there is THE best i have ever tasted and i have tried out quite a few. the feed there is quite average, but too be honest, no one goes there for the food. I had the schneider aventius and it was literately the best beer i have ever tasted. However, the beer might be a bit too good, as I cannot control how much i was drinking, and ... you know what happens next. i would have given a 5 star but the service is simply awful. The waitresses would not give us the english menu so i have to "Steal" one and quite a few cannot understand English, and seem to be extremely annoyed be my crappy highschool level German.
i really cannot command too much on the food, because i was too distracted by the beer to even taste the food.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I love german food, so this was a bit of a no brainer for me. However, I was invited here by clients for a work meal and it was my first experience of a traditional brauhaus and it was brilliant. service is good and friendly with menus in german, english and even russian. The beer is excellent. i particularly recommend the krystal or blondes and they even have alcohol free for those who dont or cant drink. I had the suckling pig with potato rosti and sauerkraut and it was extremely tasty - followed by a traditional german pudding which was ok but quite stodgy. All in all though, this was exactly the experience i wanted and it didnt disappoint at all. My only advice would be for vegetarians, make sure you take someone who speaks german and can make sure that you dont have meat in your meals as even the salads have ham in them sometimes.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Went here with my teen daughter for our first meal in town, we had a great time. She really enjoyed the atmosphere and we both enjoyed our food. She tried the roast pork with bread dumpling and I ordered the catfish with potatoes and spinach. Tried the weiss beer which was crisp and refreshing.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had been to this place with few friends on a very pleasant day of July. I do not drink but was amazed to see the variety of beer,ended up ordering a Radler. The food was also great, I had a pigs shoulder, portions was very good. A must visit in Munich, just to look at the place which has been there for few centuries.

1  Thank Subhojyoti