“Can't handle a crowd”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend took me there because he has been there a few times and has good experiences. This time around the place was really full and the service suffered as a consequence.
North Indian food was good, not spectacular but not at all bad either. Parathas and Naans were crisp enough but the subjis were ok-ok.
We entered at 7pm and after a soup, we ordered main course at 7.20. Finally we got our food at 8.15, by which time we had gotten really impatient.
Finally, one of the supervisors seemed to have taken over and then things moved quickly enough.
With it being a North Indian restaurant and all the staff being Punjabis speaking the accented Hindi of that state, I expected them to serve water; we had to ask four times before we got water, but I suppose I should have remembered that we were in Bavaria afterall!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The restaurant is in a nice part of town : "Schwabing".The place is big ,several rooms and has a very nice atmosphere.Also they have a big terasse in font of the restaurant where you can sit in sommer.Service is always very nice and efficiant and the food ,mostly north indian , is excellent. If there is something you wish to order ,what is not on the menu ,you just have to ask...they do what they can to make customer happy! We enjoyed : lamb seek kebab, chicken tikka , dal , channa massala+++ whenever we were in muenchen ,we visited this place!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have been living in Munich for a few years now and we have been to many Indian restaurants. Some places look really nice but when you get the food it is disappointing. Sangam's food has always been good and that is why it is one of my favorites.

The restaurant is quite central, in Schwabing, near the Giselastr metro station. It has a nice wood look to it and the place looks very clean. The staff is friendly and it looks like they have many regular customers that they greet as they come in. The food always comes quickly, we have never had to wait long.

As for the food, I have tried several items on the menu and they were all tasty. I usually get chicken dishes and I have tried many of them, including recently the Special Tandoori chicken which i really enjoyed!

If you are looking for good Indian food, I recommend you give this place a try!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Munich, Germany
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Found it a bit disappointing, the sauces seem to be from a can or so!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 15, 2008

good food and friendly service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook