“Must go beer place”

Ranked #66 of 3,812 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant "Der Pschorr" is a popular bavarian restaurant in the center of Munich – directly at the Viktualienmarkt. A meeting place for all of Munich, as well as for visitors and friends of the city. We cultivate traditional beer culture and serve up top-quality regional products. Everyone can enjoy the excellent beer, bavarian cuisine and the friendly service. Highlights: We still serve beer from wooden barrels ‐ traditionally cooled with ice bars in a barrel cellar. For all meals: Regional sourcing is important to us. We support the local agriculture by using fresh regional products on a daily base for our bavarian cuisine. In a central location, close to the Marienplatz, "Pschorr" can easily be accessed by public transport. From the many sights, hotels, shops and offices of the city, it's also in walking distance. Barrier-free access to the all areas of the restaurant, beer cellar, banquet room and toilet facilities (glass elevator in the stairwell). See you ...
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seemingly best (in my humble/expert [choose] opinion) beer in Munich is served in this great venue. It might not be so authentic (and touristy) looking as Hofbrauhaus, but I personally find that you spend time much better in this typically beer hallish, yet cozy place. Also, it normally closes at 1am (unlike most other places), although experience tells me it is not granted.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My partner and I brought a large group to dine here after we successfully road-tested it the night before.

Hearty German meals - but cleverly cooked with some nuanced flavours - and excellent beer. Huge servings for good prices. English language menus were available.

It was packed both times we visited. It's worth reserving a table.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had lunch here, and it was so good that we came back on New Year's Eve for dinner! There is a great 'get you a table' system (head through the downstairs towards the desk at the bottom of the stairs), which beats some of the other Brauhaus restaurants where you just have to hover when you think someone is leaving a table! The food is typical of the type you'd expect - huge portions and meaty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and the waitresses were super. Great atmosphere, and very good value.

1  Thank dnhbham
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My son, mother and I went there a week ago, it was absolutely fantastic! We had a wonderful Waitress; there was one mistake with our appetizer order. I had ordered the blood sausage and she thought I meant the bratwurst. I can’t blame her any more then myself for my lack of German, but in the end they switched it out with very little annoyance.
I don’t know how the home made bratwurst would have tasted it looked great, but the blood sausage was out of this world, if you like that kind of thing. Best I have had hands down. I also order the duck, the crispy skin was out of this world, and my mother had the short ribs witch was an excellent choice.
The Best order hands down was my son’s, he order the MASSIVE rib dinner, it came on its own cutting board and was filled with 4 1/2 LBS cuts of Beef rib meat, that’s right 2 LBS of the best beef Munich had to offer. He knocked out a little over 1/2 before he threw in his napkin. It was delicious.
The beer was great as to be expected.
Unexpectedly my son and I came back a few days later to get 2 of there stuff animal mascots as presents. The Manger was kind enough to give us those for free since it was Christmas Eve.
There beef was out of this world and I would have come back alone for that but the customer service exceeded all our expectation that we could ever imagine!!!!
With out a doubt the best meal and best service we had on our 8 day stay in Munich, don’t miss out on this gem.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Classy beer hall atmosphere if there is such a thing. Relaxed meal. Our waiter was cute and fun but others were sort of snotty.