“Pity about the service”

Cuisines: Diner, German, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our party of three visited this very well located restaurant on a busy weekday evening. The setting outside is great - especially in the spring and summer months. The food - when it arrived - was very good. I would say the standard is higher than similar establishments. I had a veal dish which was perfect and my other guests commented favourably on the pork knuckle and pork fillets. But like others before me, I have an issue with the shockingly poor service. The management seems to think it is appropriate to have one waiter serving about 20 tables. Having waited for almost 30 minutes for our bill, we eventually walked to the reception to insist on making payment. This potentially great restaurant is being compromised by this poor level of service.

There are newer reviews for Paulaner am Nockherberg

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've only been here during Starkbierfest. It is like a small Oktoberfest only better!!! Only with local people and not that many people.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Didn't enjoy the queuing experience and the search by security (not allowed to take bottled water in - thanks that's my 15c refund gone!). No possibility of going into the beer hall as it was already full and buzzing (people obviously having a wonderful time)....went into the bier keller as the weather was changing. Beer overpriced in the garden, as was the chicken and potatosalad but it was good nevertheless. Keller was comfortable but what concerned me was that the choice of beer was limited given its location, waitress didn't know about Thomas Zwickel (Paulaner brew it). Of the few Paulaner Helles I had during the weekend, the one I had here was by far the best. Food looked good. I would expect more given that it's off the beaten track.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This restaurant/beer pub is slightly off the beaten track but well worth visiting. We loved the atmosphere, the Wiener Schnitzel with chips, the beer and the cheerful service by a friendly young woman in traditional costume. (There is a wide range of food on offer, we all chose the Wiener Schnitzel - be hungry when you go there as the portions are large).

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This once picturesque restaurant is a post-fire-reconstruction disappointment. Gone is the charm of the traditional Paulaner Keller with the wooden barrels and hammered bungs. When I looked over and saw the bartender pouring my Maas of Salvator, their signature starkbier, from two bottles instead of from a tap, I jumped up and asked the bartender why it was not from tap and he said, "no more." I knew the past glory had completely faded - it was my birthday and I had looked so forward to the special experience, but it was gone, never to return. The traditional dishes were so-so and the price was dear. No "Auf Wiedersehen" here.

1  Thank CamanoCarl