“Forth visit and counting...”
Review of Marktwirt

Marktwirt
Ranked #2,398 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We accidentally stumbled across this place when we first visited Munich in 2010 and we try to find any excuse to come back to the city to have an explore and to stop off at Marktwirt for some great hearty food!
Staff are lovely and dishes are very good and typically Bavarian. :)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stopped here for dinner, located in a small alley near to the city centre. Is a traditional restaurant with a very nice feel inside. Menus were in German but an English version was available when we asked. The menu has a range of typical specialties, lots of meat! I had a schnitzel which was served with a cranberry sauce on the side which sounds a bit strange but worked very well. My friend had a pork shoulder which was very good. The restaurant seemed to be relatively popular with local young people and did not have too many tourists. Overall a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My son and I recently called in on a Sunday afternoon during a trip to Munich. The guy behind the bar was fantastic. He couldn't have been more helpful. My son is a Liverpool fan and the bartender changed channels on the TV to show the West Brom v Liverpool game just for us. He also wanted me to sample a few different local beers free of charge. We were only at the bar for a couple of hours, but were made to feel really welcome in a great atmosphere. Would recommend!

1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Ate here late January and the food was delicious. I had the schnitzel with potato cucumber salad and sauer kraut on the side. The coating on the schnitzel had a very mild taste of horseradish and was one of the best schnitzel I've ever had. The side of sauer kraut was a full bowl, and if I wasn't so full, I could have eaten the whole thing. It was that good. Shawn had the sausages and he said they were good. I didn't try any but I did have a bit of his mashed potatoes which were great. We didn't find the food too expensive but it was definitely worth what we paid. It was our first meal in Munich and it has set the bar high. Would definitely return!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had dinner there in january - we paid 50 € for 2 main courses and a salad, which were really dissapointing.

On the possitive side, the restaurant was lovely, the menu looked great but the food didn't deserve the cost. It is a nice place, and i would recommented it for just a beer, but certainly DONT eat there.

1  Thank katina a